SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Veterans and Gold Star families will be given free entry for life into America’s national parks beginning on Veteran’s Day, the Department of Veterans Affairs has announced.

On Wednesday, the department under the Trump administration honored all former U.S. service members, as well as families who lost loved ones while they fought for their country, with free lifetime access to 2,000 locations and more than 400 million acres of public lands.https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-admin-gives-fantastic-veterans-day-gift-vets-gold-star-families/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

My first question is if the tweet is accurate. Assuming it is then it doesn’t make sense to me. Though I only voted in three races myself because I didn’t take the time to be informed enough to know on the rest.

The problem I have with the quote is how can you know for certain which voters voted for which race on a particular ballot? You can make assumptions based on vote totals, but they're just assumptions. You just can't know for certain unless they keep track of every ballot individually. You can guess that someone who voted R for senate voted R for president, but it's just a guess. I know I've voted split ballot more than once.

I did take a quick look around a few different states to see if the difference in total votes for the presidential race versus the various senate races were similar to Georgia's, and I found that Georgia was right in line with the others I checked. It was only a quick look at nine states, but I found that between 0.9% and 2.3% of those that voted for president did not vote for their state's senate race.* In Georgia, 0.9% that voted for president did not vote in their regular senate race and 1.7% did not vote in their special election senate race. For comparison, 1.7% North Dakotans voted for president but did not vote for the state's congressional race.

*Although even this is an assumption. There are four combinations of voting: Pres/Sen, Pres/NoSen, NoPres/Sen, NoPres/NoSen. I'm assuming that NoPres/Sen either doesn't exist or is so small as to not affect anything. It's a logical assumption(who votes for the senate race and does NOT vote for president?), but that doesn't mean it's a correct assumption.

Osterholm in an interview with Yahoo! suggested he's in favor of........wait for it.......a 4-6 week national lockdown.  His reasoning is that a vaccine won't be available  soon enough to combat "pandemic  fatigue" so the government needs to lock people down as to make sure the citizens of this country don't continue to make poor public health choices that would spread the virus. Again this guy if a f-n clown. He's an embarrassment to "science" cause everyone knows the last lockdown worked great on all fronts. 

Have a vaccine that will be distributed to this region and nationwide within a couple/few weeks. How is a 4 week government mandated lockdown going to go over in this nation when we were all told a vaccine would be the widget to help get this country back on track? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Speaking of Bernie, he read Trump like a book.  Even predicted the states.      

So did he really know the fix was in so he comes out with this as a----I told you so as a deflection???

45 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Over 144,000 new CoVid cases today.

We'll have to rebuild this county as T has turned it over to a virus.
The Pentagon firings replaced by tugs as partisan actors - very dangerous for us all - smothering democracy.

Wait til you hear about the countries that did literally all the things you wanted our Federal government to do...

• Upvote 3

Another semester of pass fail at UND and another semester of parents/students getting less bang for their buck. I suppose it's fitting given that students spend more time at mass testing events trying to win prizes than they do in a classroom.  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/incoming/6758274-GF-News-Forward-Passfail-approved-at-UND-school-coronavirus-numbers-to-be-released-in-Grand-Forks-school-administrators-tackle-budget-cuts

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

True cultiest with blinders on. Never mentioned "all the things"
Sore loser. Try using some soap.

I feel like your reading comprehension skills are not very good.  You said we'd have to rebuild the country because Trump has turned it over to a virus.  This implies you think we did not do enough. Most other countries seemed to do some form of national program involving lockdowns and mandates.  I suspect that is what you would like to happen or what you would have liked to happen previously. What have we not done that you wanted or want done?  Please answer, and be truthful.  

Not sure what being sore has to do with anything. I think I've been pretty level-headed relative to most folks left and right.  What are you talking about soap now?  Did I miss an msn article about soap?

• Upvote 2

Hearing some noise T will start his own far right TV program.

T has a real bad FOX tast in his mouth right now - even anger just above that, could he steal some of their hosts, even form his own netowrk. 
Never admit he lost and go on a rampage with stolen rigged fake etc.? for years? Crying into each morning's hours.
Giuliani on every other day repeating false happenings - while claiming he has the bombshell goods at his office.
Sound exciting?

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2020/11/10/grand-forks-to-consider-mask-mandate-enforceable-by-law/

Mask mandate enforceable by law expected to be announced in Grand Forks county soon, brought on by local GF health officials. Carries up to a $1500 fine or 30 days in jail. State law says county health officers can issue any order to stop the spread of an infectious disease. 

• Upvote 1