SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Montana "stay at home" order expired yesterday. Montana gets back to business today. Retail stores can open. Places of worship/churches opened their doors yesterday. Bars, restaurants, breweries can open 5/4. Schools can open 5/7. Montana has 300K more in population yet they have performed almost 8000 less tests than ND. Their positive hit rate is around 3.5%. ND's is slightly above 4%. Drumbeat from day 1.....save lives and flatten curve for the hospitals. MT 14 deaths. 61 total hospitalizations. ND 17/71. MT governor is.........a Democrat. What am I missing? Or the better question is.....What is Doug missing?

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Montana "stay at home" order expired yesterday. Montana gets back to business today. Retail stores can open. Places of worship/churches opened their doors yesterday. Bars, restaurants, breweries can open 5/4. Schools can open 5/7. Montana has 300K more in population yet they have performed almost 8000 less tests than ND. Their positive hit rate is around 3.5%. ND's is slightly above 4%. Drumbeat from day 1.....save lives and flatten curve for the hospitals. MT 14 deaths. 61 total hospitalizations. ND 17/71. MT governor is.........a Democrat. What am I missing? Or the better question is.....What is Doug missing?

Believe it or not, COVID is a bipartisan issue.  It'll kill you if you are an old democrat or an old republican. As I mentioned before, in order to incite change you have to lobby/contact those who are representing you. They are out of touch and likely have majority bored old people writing in and telling them to keep up the good work. It is on you to shift the balance. 

Here is the direct contact form for Burgum's office: https://www.governor.nd.gov/contact

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

7 hours ago, dynato said:

I work in research. My job is to poke holes in other peoples research to find where they were wrong, find where they were right, and what could be improved. The same is done by others for my research. A scrutiny that is being done by all parties on coronavirus until the dust settles. Or at least the "where they were wrong" bit is being applied. Don't be personally offended that I called Facebook screenshots a poor source of reliable information. See Example of ND department of health comment

To establish credibility when sharing information, you typically share directly from the primary source which has the credibility and expertise that you do not have. Work that UNDBIZ just did for you. I should not have had you doubting the validity of your own statement considering you and Cratter were ultimately right. Facebook is just not a good source to reference, too many russian influencers.

If you looked at the the CDC guidelines, if someone has COVID, or was presumed to have covid, they are allowed to label the death as COVID. While it is undeniably true that hospitals do get more money for treating covid patients, theories of hospitals deliberately miscoding patients as COVID-19 for financial gain are not supported by any evidence. In relation to death, the idea that hospitals get more money to label a death as COVID is also largely unfounded.

Too many Russian influencers on Facebook? Is that why you think the current president won the election too?

Or maybe the smart, majority of people that use their brain without damaging it (personal choice what one eats/drinks) and keeps an open mind, can critically think, are just sick of the bulls:/t, the media, tv, tech, agenda articles, agena tech companies, agenda non-profits, click bait articles. Hired actors. agenda corporate executives. I could go on forever....

Brother lives in CA. Golf courses aren’t open and classified as not safe...and you’re a horrible person for even thinking that

but... but..groceries stores, some slimy older Walmarts. Safe.  Safeway. Safe. Liquor stores because booze is “essentially” evidently. Safe  

If you were to go to work, you’d probably end up dead and killing scores of people. So don’t do that for gods sake. And definitely don’t go do any sort of outdoor recreation or anything because that will also spread the virus and kills scads of old people. 

what am i missing tin foil hat people? Sheep of the people, what am I missing?

Again, we, the majority aren’t NYC and live on top of each other in that chaos  

• Upvote 2

Yesterday, in an attempt to jump start the economy, we filled the car with petro and took a 100 mile (1 way) journey to where we grew up.  Spent some time walking around.  Grass is turning green and the birds are coming back.

Not withstanding,

'I still won't rolar skate in a buffalo herd'

8 hours ago, dynato said:

I work in research. My job is to poke holes in other peoples research to find where they were wrong, find where they were right, and what could be improved. The same is done by others for my research. A scrutiny that is being done by all parties on coronavirus until the dust settles. Or at least the "where they were wrong" bit is being applied. Don't be personally offended that I called Facebook screenshots a poor source of reliable information. See Example of ND department of health comment

To establish credibility when sharing information, you typically share directly from the primary source which has the credibility and expertise that you do not have. Work that UNDBIZ just did for you. I should not have had you doubting the validity of your own statement considering you and Cratter were ultimately right. Facebook is just not a good source to reference, too many russian influencers.

Believe it or not, the NDDOH posts on Facebook.  Which is why I wrote "a FB post FROM the NDDOH"...where the operative word is very important, much like how they go about including COVID deaths --- "with" instead of "from".  

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

Too many Russian influencers on Facebook? Is that why you think the current president won the election too?

Or maybe the smart, majority of people that use their brain without damaging it (personal choice what one eats/drinks) and keeps an open mind, can critically think, are just sick of the bulls:/t, the media, tv, tech, agenda articles, agena tech companies, agenda non-profits, click bait articles. Hired actors. agenda corporate executives. I could go on forever....

Brother lives in CA. Golf courses aren’t open and classified as not safe...and you’re a horrible person for even thinking that

but... but..groceries stores, some slimy older Walmarts. Safe.  Safeway. Safe. Liquor stores because booze is “essentially” evidently. Safe  

If you were to go to work, you’d probably end up dead and killing scores of people. So don’t do that for gods sake. And definitely don’t go do any sort of outdoor recreation or anything because that will also spread the virus and kills scads of old people. 

what am i missing tin foil hat people? Sheep of the people, what am I missing?

Again, we, the majority aren’t NYC and live on top of each other in that chaos  

Don't be naive. Trump won the election fairly. He was smart, charismatic, handled matters decisively, and did everything he needed to right in order to win. Hint: I didn't vote against Trump. Facebook is just notorious for being a host of false information, screenshots of screenshots are not to be trusted at first glance. Facebook does not invoke real change. Political attacks do not invoke real change.

If majority of people were smart, they would be able to figure out how to challenge the status quo and make the system work for them instead of against them.

I understand why you are upset, we all are. If the current system is not working for you, what actions have you specifically taken to change that? If you have taken no action, but expected change to work in your favor, then you are just a sheep waiting for action to be taken for you.

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

Yesterday, in an attempt to jump start the economy, we filled the car with petro and took a 100 mile (1 way) journey to where we grew up.  Spent some time walking around.  Grass is turning green and the birds are coming back.

Not withstanding,

'I still won't rolar skate in a buffalo herd'

The Saudi Princes say thank you for the $10.50 retail price purchase.  

13 hours ago, gfhockey said:

All the homeless people tho are just partying cause they can’t get in the mission drunk. 

there was a group of about 12 walking down behind the toasted frog...wouldn't say all of them looked homeless but the few i saw face to fact while biking by looking high or drunk...one guy on the corner with the sign gave up after a bit and was walking back to town square park where the other half dozen were sitting 

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

is ours a rhino and theirs a rhido?  on my bike ride on saturday night i noticed signs up at a few playgrounds around town saying they were closed?  wtf?

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is ours a rhino and theirs a rhido?  on my bike ride on saturday night i noticed signs up at a few playgrounds around town saying they were closed?  wtf?

I noticed that too, that Grand Forks has put closed signs on playgrounds. Are they going to arrest people that don't comply?

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

I noticed that too, that Grand Forks has put closed signs on playgrounds. Are they going to arrest people that don't comply?

i normally don't bike on the south end...i normally go past the skater park and that playground i've seen plenty of people using that park over the last few weeks but i biked past the pond by king walk and there were signs and then the park a few blocks south of happy harrys had a sign and like all good nodaks both of those parks were 100% empty

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i normally don't bike on the south end...i normally go past the skater park and that playground i've seen plenty of people using that park over the last few weeks but i biked past the pond by king walk and there were signs and then the park a few blocks south of happy harrys had a sign and like all good nodaks both of those parks were 100% empty

I just got arrested for swinging in the park.  Not sure how I'm going to explain that to the wife.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:28 AM, Nodak78 said:

I'm beginning to think the linkage to Gates might have traction.  It would have been nice to be a bird in the room during their conversation as the virus was just starting.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/27/bill-gates-slams-us-coronavirus-response-says-chin/

china got a lot of things right?  like lying for weeks.  unbelievable.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

There's a skateboard park by Sorlie Bridge and they were using it last week. 

ND has 75 more positives today but pumped out its biggest testing day yet with 1987 tests. That positive testing rate is lower than the average testing rate to date.

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I just got arrested for swinging in the park.  Not sure how I'm going to explain that to the wife.  

Don’t fret too much...she and I just got picked up by the cops a few minutes ago ourselves!  

• Upvote 1

https://www.geisinger.org/health-and-wellness/wellness-articles/2017/03/22/14/40/heres-why-you-should-cut-back-on-hand-sanitizer

I haven't heard much about using too much hand sanitizer lately.  In the past we were warned using too much could compromise your immune system, so one has to wonder with all this washing and sanitizing if we aren't going to be more vulnerable to other things in the future.