SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

I have to say game pattern remain consistent with this team  the third quarter where we come out shoot under 30% and tonight it was new low for the year 7.69 % for the third quarter beating earlier game with Toledo where they shot 8.33%. If its not third quarter then its the second quarter where they have shot under 30% couple times this year.  The players may have some responsibility for this but i got to believe its coaching when it is this consistent game after game we have poor shooting for a quarter. I believe opposing coaches are making adjustments and were not adjusting soon enough so we loose a quarter very badly and fall so far behind we never quite catchup from that poor quarter. I see other little things where i believe where were missing advantages we have but we seem to stay to scripted play book week in week out with only changes has been we been real short handed on players. I feel bad for these players because they are a lot more talented than there record shows and most are good division 1 talent.  Its like the Titanic just keeps plowing ahead in iceberg filled ocean at full steam never making any corrections and we know how that ended.

We do have some good players. They generally work hard and are putting forth an effort.

unfortunately, we have too many that can’t shoot. How can you start some who aren’t expected to score - aren’t capable of scoring. Undoubtedly great ladies with big hearts but just aren’t capable. 

could go into players making bad decisions. Veteran players stamping out momentum with self inflicted turnovers. Bad passes at crunch time 

coaching is suspect. I don’t know anything about her but we are winless and that seems ok - “the end only matters”

I don’t see improvement for many players from last year. Hard to imagine we get significantly better next year.

something has to change 

21 hours ago, Kab said:

Poor coaching 

have a foul,to,give and give their best shooter a shot

then a dumb lob pass inbounds

no wonder they haven’t won yet 

interviewed after the game and mallory said they practice that inbound play all the time...???? really?

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

interviewed after the game and mallory said they practice that inbound play all the time...???? really?

Don’t know what the play was but a decent pass and we would have found out. Could have had the big gal turn around and hit a player going to the basket or out to Manson for a three.