SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

14 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

When watching the KC game, I though Val said that Kacie had an ankle injury, but heard nothing on Keplin.

Keplin could dominate at U of Mary. Would not be surprised if she's there next year.....or somewhere else.

I don't know what to say but nothing has changed in last three years were still playing same game and it is evident to anyone watching the games but to this coaching staff. I put lot of the blame on Brewster last year and he did loose this team as season went along. Bernhard I thought would correct alot of things and make us better able to compete in the Summit conference but I sure don't see any changes. This team has gone 2 and 17  since second half of conference season last year and has shot only 5 times above 40% in that stretch plus we have turned over the basketball 68 times more than opponents.  I just follow this team but when it is your job  you got to be looking at these things and trying to fix them even it means playing different style or just trying something different with your players and playing different players.  If the players you have not what your going to use then why use up their time and your time find players your going to use a lot of teams added players at semester break but just standing pat destroys positives of this team. We have front line players that compete in Summit right now on this team. Last night our guards shot 3 for 11 for 27% and i do not include Zander as guard she is small forward asked to play in guard position some.  I am afraid how bad were going to get beat by both South Dakota schools as it stand now. This is going to be long season and i believe the beginning of a lot of changes coming that may take us years to recover from.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

I don't know what to say but nothing has changed in last three years were still playing same game and it is evident to anyone watching the games but to this coaching staff. I put lot of the blame on Brewster last year and he did loose this team as season went along. Bernhard I thought would correct alot of things and make us better able to compete in the Summit conference but I sure don't see any changes. This team has gone 2 and 17  since second half of conference season last year and has shot only 5 times above 40% in that stretch plus we have turned over the basketball 68 times more than opponents.  I just follow this team but when it is your job  you got to be looking at these things and trying to fix them even it means playing different style or just trying something different with your players and playing different players.  If the players you have not what your going to use then why use up their time and your time find players your going to use a lot of teams added players at semester break but just standing pat destroys positives of this team. We have front line players that compete in Summit right now on this team. Last night our guards shot 3 for 11 for 27% and i do not include Zander as guard she is small forward asked to play in guard position some.  I am afraid how bad were going to get beat by both South Dakota schools as it stand now. This is going to be long season and i believe the beginning of a lot of changes coming that may take us years to recover from.

Yep, we need to clean house and start over from scratch.

Better effort tonight so far..49-47 Hawks 4:30 left 3Q......but has anyone been listening to this ORU announcer?  Man he's tough to listen to.. constantly getting players names wrong too

And I'm not sure where he gets his stats from but he's called Reinke the 12th highest scorer in the summit league like 4 times....

Just a causal UND Women and Men’s basketball watcher. I would not be a good person to delve into the season too much. However we sure seem to struggle in both men’s and women’s buckets. Hope they can get that turned around. Would be fun to watch more. 

I getting to think interest women's basketball must be nearly dead here at UND and wonder what's happened. The program  has been one best in upper mid west for more than 20 years and has been in area that has produced area rich in talent even for division I basketball. Even as shortly back we went to NCAA tournament 2014 and were Big Sky Conference champs in 2016-17 but to have little reaction to how the program is performing now I would never had thought it could happen. I think administration needs to hear that bigger expectations are not wish but goal that needs to be accomplished in near future.