SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Ridiculous.  No reason to lose that game.  Were the better team for 38 of the 40 minutes.  Step in the right direction though.

The previous years before this year when Collins didn't have his own players, I would have said UND is the better team with the better athletes. But this year is different. This game was more than likely the best shot UND had at beating NDSU this year. NDSU couldn't have played worse for 38 minutes. I think the last couple of minutes of regulation and OT showed that NDSU has the better athletes and BB players now. Outside of Fleecs and maybe Zander, UND is overmatched with NDSU. UND was getting almost every call and they were getting every bounce in the first 38 minutes but still couldn't put NDSU away.

8 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

The previous years before this year when Collins didn't have his own players, I would have said UND is the better team with the better athletes. But this year is different. This game was more than likely the best shot UND had at beating NDSU this year. NDSU couldn't have played worse for 38 minutes. I think the last couple of minutes of regulation and OT showed that NDSU has the better athletes and BB players now. Outside of Fleecs and maybe Zander, UND is overmatched with NDSU. UND was getting almost every call and they were getting every bounce in the first 38 minutes but still couldn't put NDSU away.

LOL....dohkay.   did you watch the entire game?  They choked like a team that isn't sure of itself.  Not quite sure why those better athletes didn't look like better athletes for 38 mins.  

NDSU was a weak team that didn't like to get banged around.  All announcers were saying the same thing. 

31 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

LOL....dohkay.   did you watch the entire game?  They choked like a team that isn't sure of itself.  Not quite sure why those better athletes didn't look like better athletes for 38 mins.  

NDSU was a weak team that didn't like to get banged around.  All announcers were saying the same thing. 

NDSU will not shoot under 20% for 3 quarters again. They should have been down 30 after 3. If NDSU full court pressures UND the whole game, UND commits 40 turnovers. They have no clue how to handle the press and you could put Jarnot, Reinke, Orth and Leet at the line and they may draw iron and may make it if they get a good bounce, but 50% out of the group would be a bonus for UND. I would give 10 points for both games at the Betty this year and would give better odds that NDSU finishes above UND in the Summit this year.

We make the wide open layup with about 30 seconds left in regulation we win.

We had so many chances and didn’t perform. Many upperclassman were making freshman mistakes. There were also times that we did some very good things.

we do get rattled when pressed.

I would guess su is better than what we saw tonight. We did play some tough defense. I would be disappointed if we also don’t play better when we play again next time. 

16 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Have we heard what is going on with #11 and #15?

Bingo

If they are not playing and it has nothing to do with health reasons then you're going to chase IMO 2 of your most talented kids from the program. 

You're 0-5. Whatever as a HC you think is working it's not.

47 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bingo

If they are not playing and it has nothing to do with health reasons then you're going to chase IMO 2 of your most talented kids from the program. 

You're 0-5. Whatever as a HC you think is working it's not.

Do they still have coaches shows or a newspaper reporter that covers the team? Seems like a question worth asking?