SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Signing Day GDT 2020

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

6'4......230......dual threat......QB????

And a kicker that can kick touchbacks?

National leader in TDs by a WR?

Is this a dream?  

Not to mention the solid RB from Iowa and a few other gems in this class.  Throw in a couple of good-sized DL and another safety and this class will be looking really decent.  On paper, one of the best I've seen since following the team closely the last 10 years or so.

• Upvote 2

On 12/18/2019 at 1:17 PM, sioux24/7 said:

I wonder how Neal feels about this? Hopefully up and ready for some competition. 

If not willing to compete, should not play for UND. That goes for all players at all positions. There should always be competition, even in your own class. IF not, then Bubba is failing at recruiting. May not always be two scholarship players, but should always be at least 1 scholarship player and 1 non-scholarship player at every position in every class.

Happy UND got 2 scholarship players at most important position in football: QB.

Jack Wright: 

One of the best wide receivers in the history of high school football … A four-year letterwinner for Regent Prep … Finished with the most receiving yards in the state of Oklahoma in 2016, 2017, and 2019 ... Earned district player of the year honors in 2018 … Named a finalist for offensive player of the year by the Tulsa World … Finished his career with 276 catches for 6,227 yards and 112 touchdowns … The 112 touchdowns are a national record for receiving.

How in the world did UND end up with this guy?

Or is it that he's 6'0" and 180. 

It's hard for me to tell how good this class is since almost all recruits have accolades coming out of High School.  Those who follow more closely - what grade would you give this class so far?  Do we have many recruits with other BCS offers for example.  I know we still need some big bodies and are excited about our QB prospects.

49 minutes ago, Irish said:

It's hard for me to tell how good this class is since almost all recruits have accolades coming out of High School.  Those who follow more closely - what grade would you give this class so far?  Do we have many recruits with other BCS offers for example.  I know we still need some big bodies and are excited about our QB prospects.

Every class we have is the best we ever had!

• Upvote 4

Lost a QB last year late to FBS and got one this year late from a FBS school. A lot of what happens with college recruiting is luck. Some bad, some good. Eventually you always end up on both sides of the luck. Take advantage of the good luck. Do a good job of evaluating talent so when the bad bug gets it won’t bury you. I think this staff has done a good enough job thus far not to bury them. Muss era obviously not so much. Hopefully we can talk in four years about the luck Bubba took advantage of in this class. 

There is definitely a lot of potential in this class. There are quite a few kids in this class with the potential to have shirts pulled! I think we could still use one more big for the D-line and one more physical inside backer. Like the pickup’s from St. Cloud but depth and competition would be great there! 

1 hour ago, Irish said:

Bubba’s recruits always seem to have great potential. The question is can this staff help them develop that potential to the fullest? Starting with S&C ... all the way to stopping 3rd and long or finding intensity for a playoff game.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Bubba’s recruits always seem to have great potential. The question is can this staff help them develop that potential to the fullest? Starting with S&C ... all the way to stopping 3rd and long or finding intensity for a playoff game.

This definitely needs addressing. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, zonadub said:

It's probably the same in most programs but every year we are excited about our new recruits and predict great things.  Then 3-4 years later we complain about recruiting (including the fact that most didn't have any other FCS offers) and notice a glaring weakness or two we didn't fill (a big nose tackle for example).  We also aren't excited about their development.  Rinse, Repeat.