SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Signing Day GDT 2020

geaux_sioux

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

All of that being said, if I was a UND fan, I would be very excited about your QB recruit. 

He looks like the real deal, big body, looks to have a hell of an arm. Nice pick up pulling him from an FBS program.

That was a huge positive to cap the day.  QB has been an issue for years and to get a good one is awesome.  Now he needs to pan out!

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That was a huge positive to cap the day.  QB has been an issue for years and to get a good one is awesome.  Now he needs to pan out!

Read a few of his quotes, he seems to have the competitive spirit you look for out of your QB. I didn't get a chance to see your young QB play this year that had you all pretty excited(Schuster?), but I wouldn't be surprised if this new guy is your starter day 1 next fall. 

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Read a few of his quotes, he seems to have the competitive spirit you look for out of your QB. I didn't get a chance to see your young QB play this year that had you all pretty excited(Schuster?), but I wouldn't be surprised if this new guy is your starter day 1 next fall. 

I think we were all pretty excited and still are about Schuster because of how he performed in the situation he was brought into. He doesn’t have the measurables that Neal or Vaughn have but the kid has fight and showed he is an absolute gamer. Will be fun to watch these 3 compete in the spring and fall. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think we were all pretty excited and still are about Schuster because of how he performed in the situation he was brought into. He doesn’t have the measurables that Neal or Vaughn have but the kid has fight and showed he is an absolute gamer. Will be fun to watch these 3 compete in the spring and fall. 

He’s absolutely cold blooded. Seemed calm as could be even though he was thrown into a very intense situation.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He’s absolutely cold blooded. Seemed calm as could be even though he was thrown into a very intense situation.

Some kids are just flat out winners. He's one of them. This program doesn't need any Jeff George's. It needs more winners. Intangibles are huge IMO. Measurables are just statistics that tell part of the story.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Not the most accurate for FCS teams when they don't even bother to update the status of committed players.

https://247sports.com/player/quincy-vaughn-46084437/

https://247sports.com/player/samuel-salih-fort-46056222/

UND's staff doesn't request their recruits to make sure they have recruiting profiles out there. 
Don't have a reason for why 24/7 doesn't bother updating but probably safe to say UND doens't have someone making sure they stay updated. 

Take those comments however you want.

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

But I will say this: A couple of his "elude" moves are fine for HS; they'll get him hit hard at FCS level.