SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Mankato -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

2 obvious things thru 3 games:

1. This team will be fun to watch. They play entertaining hockey.

2. Pinto is ridiculously good.

Absolutely, this team has put a far more entertaining product on the ice than anything I saw over the past two, possibly three years.

1 hour ago, omahasioux1 said:

You do not understand how this works.

Since we don't play Mankato again this season, who wins tomorrow will win the head to head point (1 of 3 comparisons used) and the RPI will somewhat benefit. If there is another tie, then there would be no point for head to head.

PWR uses three criteria which are combined to make a comparison: RPI, record against common opponents and head-to-head competition. RPI is used as a tie breaker.

Road wins are more valuable than home wins in the formula and  rewards teams for victories over top-ranked teams.

https://www.uscho.com/faq/pairwise-rankings-explanation/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Oh ok. I remember back in the day when we would expect a sweep in Mankato. Now we just want moral victory’s. Horray 

REALLY?  I seem to recall the legendary Zach Parise group being swept all the way back to Grand Forks...

8 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Oh ok. I remember back in the day when we would expect a sweep in Mankato. Now we just want moral victory’s. Horray 

Not asking for a moral anything, but if you think Mankato now is the same Mankato team from back in the day you have lost your last shred of credibility on this board.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have won, I’m saying we didn’t play bad. That was a good game between two good teams.

UND looks completely different than the past two seasons. So go back to you spelling errors and W2 comparisons.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Since we don't play Mankato again this season, who wins tomorrow will win the head to head point (1 of 3 comparisons used) and the RPI will somewhat benefit. If there is another tie, then there would be no point for head to head.

PWR uses three criteria which are combined to make a comparison: RPI, record against common opponents and head-to-head competition. RPI is used as a tie breaker.

Road wins are more valuable than home wins in the formula and  rewards teams for victories over top-ranked teams.

https://www.uscho.com/faq/pairwise-rankings-explanation/

COP is huge too.  Winning record vs top team(s) has n a conference sets you up to sweep the entire conference for PWR.