SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Mankato -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

2 obvious things thru 3 games:

1. This team will be fun to watch. They play entertaining hockey.

2. Pinto is ridiculously good.

One thing to watch as the season progresses:  Mismash looks like he gives a rip this year (so far).  Couldn’t say that last year.  Could be the difference maker.

• Upvote 1

My impressions on this game were mixed.  I thought defensive positioning was pretty good, especially as the game went on.  GT was not great tonight.  Beat cleanly from far out or bad angles a few times.  That needs to be better.

Ultimately, a tie on Friday on the road is not bad.  But, that puts more pressure on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, fsioux said:

Didn't see the game but sounds like we really struggled with faceoffs.  That is concerning going forward.

Well UND owned the dot and outshoot every team last year.....so the answer is no.

29 minutes ago, omahasioux1 said:

Moved up to number 6. Jumped 12. Not sure why people would think little or no movement.

22 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

I don't know where either team was to begin the day, but Mankato is now 19. 

When you have a tie in the start of a two game series, it boils down to the last game.

12 minutes ago, omahasioux1 said:

Remember last year?

Yes, but none of that shakes out until the second half when there is some data to go on.   We won’t even have a good idea on conference versus conference records for quite a while, which has a huge impact on the pairwise. Just win and hope the rest of the league performs up to expectations.