SiouxSports.com Forum

Enrollment

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

34 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

for covid?

I am sure many do. It sure wouldn't be a stretch if they do it, as immunizations of all kinds are required to attend school at all levels.  Are you against requiring immunizations to attend public school?  Just curious. 

• Upvote 1

Armacost's priority list lincludes everything but education. Face to face...get students and educators back in to the classroom.....meh.  Have no doubt a vaccination passport will be needed at some point for Zoom classes at UND.

Can someone raise Clifford from the grave??

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Armacost

My wife works for UND (has for 18 years), and she's been impressed with Armacost.  Certainly miles ahead of the last two, and probably even last three.  Don't know much about Baker, but it's possible that Armacost is the best since Clifford.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

I am sure many do. It sure wouldn't be a stretch if they do it, as immunizations of all kinds are required to attend school at all levels.  Are you against requiring immunizations to attend public school?  Just curious. 

of all kinds.....how about an experimental vaccine that has a 99.9 percent of survival.....damn near 100 if your under 20

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

for covid?

7 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Saw this in the news a while back.  https://www.willistonherald.com/news/regional/north-dakota-universities-don-t-plan-on-requiring-covid-19-vaccine/article_ff4a2c6c-a116-11eb-863a-93dbd647d19b.html

Jerry Rostad, vice chancellor for the North Dakota University System, said they are doing everything they can to encourage students and staff to get vaccinated.

“When you look at what the Centers for Disease Control and our public health officials are saying, vaccinations are important in developing herd immunity in the fight against COVID-19,” he said.

Rostad said the campuses are going to encourage everyone to get vaccinated, but that is the furthest the NDUS will be going.

“I want to be clear we are stopping short; we will not be doing any kind of vaccination mandate or requirements,” he said.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Here we go again.

How so??  If something was decided and was going to be directed/mandated to the student body at least have one ball to send out the email more than a day before classes start. 

The whole point of NDSU and UND are the physical experience they provide.  Poor leadership that encourages students to come to campus only to be stuck in a dorm with 100% online classes (last year) or that enacts a mask mandate after students had already arrived will impact enrollment.  

You take away too much of that experience, students will just stay home and go online to a better and/or cheaper school than NDSU/UND.  Maybe that is already happening. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

NDSU has lowest opening fall enrollment in 15 years.....hmmmmm one saw that coming.

True, but I'll wait and see how UND's numbers look. NDSU's numbers the drop was modest, some encouraging numbers for them (1st year students).

12 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Well...get all the students on the UND campus for move-in weekend with opening classes to start Monday (yesterday) then send a campus wide email late Sunday afternoon about an on campus indoor mask mandate. Typical nutless leadership....again. Like the decision for the mask mandate was just decided on Sunday. 

On the other hand, you would have had (valid) criticism if they would have made the call 2 or 3 weeks ago without waiting to see if numbers started trending down. Not a surprise, but they haven't. 

Anyone who didn't see this coming based on national and local trends are kidding themselves. Numbers are almost entirely in line with the exact same time last year (with about half the testing) on the way to a fall spike. Let's hope (for many reasons) that the measures taken over the last year means things start heading the other way quickly.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

NDSU has lowest opening fall enrollment in 15 years.....hmmmmm one saw that coming.

Incoming freshmen were up 8.3%. With all the indecisiveness of the on campus mandates (masks, on line classes, vaccines) affecting the on campus experience, I was surprised at the uptick of new students. For myself, I didn’t see that coming. 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

On the other hand, you would have had (valid) criticism if they would have made the call 2 or 3 weeks ago without waiting to see if numbers started trending down. Not a surprise, but they haven't. 

Anyone who didn't see this coming based on national and local trends are kidding themselves. Numbers are almost entirely in line with the exact same time last year (with about half the testing) on the way to a fall spike. Let's hope (for many reasons) that the measures taken over the last year means things start heading the other way quickly.

This mask mandate decision was made well before Sunday. UND was never going to allow students to attend in person classes without masks this fall regardless of "trends" and that was cemented on August 4th.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tbone said:

Incoming freshmen were up 8.3%. With all the indecisiveness of the on campus mandates (masks, on line classes, vaccines) affecting the on campus experience, I was surprised at the uptick of new students. For myself, I didn’t see that coming. 

Missed that number. Surprised the overall numbers have fallen so dramatically since their record fall enrollment of 14K+ in 2014.