SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

I just lost all respect for UMASS head coach:  "It’s frustrating because the game to that point where he thought he had to defend himself,” UMass head coach Greg Carvel said. “The kid was coming at him so he got his elbow up to protect himself. "  That is pure bull.  The kid leaped into the air to be sure his elbow got the head.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxman said:

I just lost all respect for UMASS head coach:  "It’s frustrating because the game to that point where he thought he had to defend himself,” UMass head coach Greg Carvel said. “The kid was coming at him so he got his elbow up to protect himself. "  That is pure bull.  The kid leaped into the air to be sure his elbow got the head.

Credit the quote to GOON.

I don't get to see UMD play in person like a lot of posters here, but I'm OK with them winning it.   Rather see a new team get a banner,  but UMD is a little like a brother we fight and compete with all the time.   Keeping the NC in the family would be very cool too.   The only bad outcome here, as far as I'm concerned, is that it's not us. 

• Upvote 2

Hope UMD represents the NCHC well and brings home the prize....Read in the Strib this morning....(may be in the Fargo Heralt' in a couple days) that of the  6 western All Americans....4 played for MN based colleges....3 from NCHC....again good to see....

Good teams get the bounces.  Duluth gets them and rolls with them. 

-Three years ago in Fargo an Ohio State guy has the entire open net to shoot into in OT, yet shoots it directly into Miska's stick, the one square foot of net that was covered of the 24 square feet.  They win in OT.

-The Natty last year.  The right six teams lose, they make it in.  In the title game Notre Dame's lock down goalie gives up a pee wee type goal and they lock it down and win 2-1.

-This year, Bowling Green has them on the ropes up 1-0 late. They then proceed to score on themselves, Duluth wins in OT.

All credit to them for using those bounces to their advantage, but show me a team that has had better luck the past three years in the postseason. 

Duluth 5.....UMASS 2

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Good teams get the bounces.  Duluth gets them and rolls with them. 

-Three years ago in Fargo an Ohio State guy has the entire open net to shoot into in OT, yet shoots it directly into Miska's stick, the one square foot of net that was covered of the 24 square feet.  They win in OT.

-The Natty last year.  The right six teams lose, they make it in.  In the title game Notre Dame's lock down goalie gives up a pee wee type goal and they lock it down and win 2-1.

-This year, Bowling Green has them on the ropes up 1-0 late. They then proceed to score on themselves, Duluth wins in OT.

All credit to them for using those bounces to their advantage, but show me a team that has had better luck the past three years in the postseason. 

Duluth 5.....UMASS 2

With luck like this, it’s clear to me now what has happened to Duluth since 2010-2011...

...Scott Sandelin has sold his soul to the devil.

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

With luck like this, it’s clear to me now what has happened to Duluth since 2010-2011...

...Scott Sandelin has sold his soul to the devil.

Sandelin sold before that 2011 Frozen Four, hence why UND who dominated everyone else that year and couldn't score on a walk-on goalie. 

18 hours ago, Siouxman said:

Yes, that comment is Bravo Sierra. I can't believe anyone can make that comment with a straight face. 

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

I expect Bucci and Barry will be bragging up Makar again tonight. If he plays like he did in the 1st period UMass has a chance.  If he turns the puck over like he did in the 2nd and 3rd, dogs will win easily tonight.

Buccigross has essentially already predicted a UMass win. Read it in an article this morning.