SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

On 3/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, MafiaMan said:

#5.  UMass.  Yes, this continues to violate the policy of hating Hockey East, but UMass has been a doormat for a long time.  Bonus as BU and BC might just shut down their respective programs if the Minutemen win the title.  

#16.  Minnesota Duluth.  This really is more of a concern about @DrunkHockeyGuy and his health than anything.  I'd hate to see him requiring a liver transplant after winning a 2nd consecutive national title.  Bruce Ciskie is so likable, though, so it's hard to, wait, no it's not.      

Well, it all comes down to this...

15 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

How many St Cloud fans watched Guttman score twice and thought if only Monty hadn't poached him...

How many North Dakota fans watched St Cloud this year and thought they'd like to trade records with them...

43 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

How many St Cloud fans watched Guttman score twice and thought if only Monty hadn't poached him...

You’ve piqued my curiosity. So I gather Guttman was originally set to go to St. Cloud? What’s the story?

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

DU fans will be stewing all summer long over the no call elbow late in the 3rd period that UMass got away with. The refs didn’t even bother to review it! 

Did they ever explain why they didn't review it?  I had the sound down.

wonder if it was 'game misconduct fatigue' on the part of the refs. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Did they ever explain why they didn't review it?  I had the sound down.

wonder if it was 'game misconduct fatigue' on the part of the refs. 

They were WCHA officials. Need we say anything else? That was a horse crap call. 

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Sandelin building up quite the resume since the program got a decent facility.  Has done so while dealing with some early departures.....so maybe early departures aren't the excuse that some on this board would have you to believe.  

... and he is also doing it with guys like Parker MacKay and Billy Exell  who have scored big goals and have been key cogs in their lineup.  Exell put up 7 points his first two years at Duluth, and MacKay 18 points.  Where would they be if Sandy ditched those guys for new freshmen like many are proposing we do.  You need players like Coltyn Sanderson to win Championships.  Yes, we have a bunch of guys that haven't produced, but a lot of them weren't projected to be scorers.