SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

48 minutes ago, jodcon said:

By "like" do you mean you are thinking they'll win, or do you mean you will be kneeling in front of the TV clutching a Bulldogs beanie baby?

At least one of those scenarios disturbs me.

Huh, I don't think I said that. LOL :) ... Of the three teams in the tourney, I think they have the best chance. 

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Huh, I don't think I said that. LOL :) ... Of the three teams in the tourney, I think they have the best chance. 

Good enough, I will keep you off my "people who may warrant observation" list.

I think you're right on Daloot though, they probably have the best chance after surviving their near-loss last week. But still going to be #3 on my list in Buffalo.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:05 AM, SJHovey said:

I don't know.  We went 2-2 against UMD, and I wouldn't bet against them winning the championship again this year.  We were also pretty evenly matched against DU, and I wouldn't bet against them winning the championship again this year either.  And this in a year in which we admittedly couldn't put the puck in the net and had one of the worst power plays in recent memory.

9 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

I agree that they are the favorite and I think they will win, but I hope anyone but UMD wins (even more than DU). I don't agree that they have good, legal checks. They play on edge, and Nick Wolff is about as dirty as they come. Keep in mind that this is the same UMD team that coincidentally injured Jost, Boeser and Tucker Poolman in the same year, and Pionk tried to injure Cam Johnson. I intensely dislike UMD and its fan base. They are always douchebags, much like Ciskie and Drunk Hockey Guy. 

Agree...

fan base: unbearable.

Wolf and that prick Tufte, dirty as hell. Perunovich, overrated. Samberg and Anderson, on the ice at the WJC in overtime. They are a balanced squad, well built and just a bit better than average. Hate Ciskie. They come at ya. I really thought Clarkson take them out given the chance. That of course before that !@#$ penalty got called on Sturm.

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Agree...

fan base: unbearable.

Wolf and that prick Tufte, dirty as hell. Perunovich, overrated. Samberg and Anderson, on the ice at the WJC in overtime. They are a balanced squad, well built and just a bit better than average. Hate Ciskie. They come at ya. I really thought Clarkson take them out given the chance. That of course before that !@#$ penalty got called on Sturm.

UMD...made it to the Final 4 in a Douche Canoe!!!

20 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Had he been at UND, you would have been calling for his head long before this 2011-2019 run began.  

That is for sure.  He had some very down years with players he recruited.  

But gf whines a lot more than he thinks. 

20 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Had he been at UND, you would have been calling for his head long before this 2011-2019 run began.  

27 minutes ago, burd said:

That is for sure.  He had some very down years with players he recruited.  

But gf whines a lot more than he thinks. 

2001:  7-28-4

2002:  13-24-3

2003:  22-15-5

2004:  28-13-4 (Frozen Four 5-3 semi-final loss to DU)

2005:  15-17-6

2006:  11-25-3 (I've got to imagine that Sandelin would have been 86'd at this point)

2007:  13-21-5 (most certainly by this point)

2008:  13-17-6 (you're lying if you believe that Sandelin rights the ship - ZERO doubt he'd have been fired by UND after 2008)  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

2001:  7-28-4

2002:  13-24-3

2003:  22-15-5

2004:  28-13-4 (Frozen Four 5-3 semi-final loss to DU)

2005:  15-17-6

2006:  11-25-3 (I've got to imagine that Sandelin would have been 86'd at this point)

2007:  13-21-5 (most certainly by this point)

2008:  13-17-6 (you're lying if you believe that Sandelin rights the ship - ZERO doubt he'd have been fired by UND after 2008)  

Just illustrates how selective people's memories can be (and how broken their analytical functions can be) when they are frustrated. 

• Upvote 1

In 2001 Sandelin would have been what 36?   Seems like UMD AD had the foresight to let a young coach develop, did they roll the dice  and win or see something?  Jump over to B-Rad and he started as a head coach at what 51?  seems like a very different approach to program management, and likely is necessary as I doubt any UND fans would have like the UMD route...   but look at David Carle....