SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU Saturday game thread. Will they score?

Wilbur

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

I'd like to see Keane and Guch switched. Mash, Jones, Guch seems like a scoring line. 

I'm a little surprised to not see this line. This was a line that clicked at the end of last season and started together at the beginning of this year. That being said, I'm a big fan of Jones and Rhett split up and Guch back to wing. 

7 hours ago, Irish said:

Does anyone with any connections know if Berry "gets it" at all?  It is so hard to judge from the coachspeak and softballs from Schlossman and Hennesy.  At some point he needs to concede that big changes are needed.  If he can't see that then all may be lost until he leaves.

Are you looking for someone from the media to go all Jim Ascosta on Brad Berry? What else needs to be said? 

Schloss: “Coach Berry are you going to fire Coach Shaw?”

Berry:  “I don’t know Brad. I’ll look at it after the season is over.” 

WTF is that?  My friend Russ sums it up well. 

11 minutes ago, Goon said:

Berry:  “I don’t know Brad. I’ll look at it after the season is over.” 

That would be an interesting answer.

I would have expected the answer to be, "No. Shaw is doing a great job."

Goon ask that question to Berry so we can compare the real answers to the hypothetical ones.

8 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

That does sum it up well. I don't think I've ever seen a group of guys work so hard, never quit, and have so little success. The win-loss record doesn't reflect the work ethic of this team.

Hands down, the greatest 1 game over .500 team in the history of North Dakota athletics.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

A better question would be, Brad what will you do different next year so we have more offense and an average power play?

Berry said last week that they need to improve on the average power play.  Their power play is not average.  If they did have an average power play, they would be in a lot better position.  All of this with the focus coming into the season on improving the power play. Not good.