SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU Saturday game thread. Will they score?

Wilbur

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

18-17-2.  

But......but.....the records of DU and UND are almost similar. Really not much difference according to some here.

I guess the silver lining is UND won't finish the season with a losing record 

It is "hockey" frustration for sure. Here we had all the travel whoes to get there etc. Out shoot and have opportunities to tie or go ahead and lose once again.

Heck, pulling our goalie with almost 4 minutes and keeping it in their end etc. and not allowing a goal, luckily I might add.  Nothing to say, just hockey sad for me, but still love it all, can't take it too seriously, there are a ton of great, good hockey players so it is what it is and look forward to each year. 

I’m ready for this long frustrating season to be over. I’ll be happy if they go out with a bang by burying 1 goal tonight. No way they win this series and absolutely no way they win the nchc tournament so why drag it on? 

Has there ever been an overall worse year at UND? If there has, it’s been within the last 3 years. We can’t even lean on hockey anymore thanks to soft raspBerry

57 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

UND has scored 2 goals or less 19 times this season in 36 games played.  

29 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I’m ready for this long frustrating season to be over. I’ll be happy if they go out with a bang by burying 1 goal tonight. No way they win this series and absolutely no way they win the nchc tournament so why drag it on? 

Has there ever been an overall worse year at UND? If there has, it’s been within the last 3 years. We can’t even lean on hockey anymore thanks to soft raspBerry

In the ever increasingly grab for the entertainment dollar in this region the new AD needs to read these 2 posts....... total ineptness on the ice and and a growing apathy of the fan base. Pretty sure that's not a good combination for the university's flagship sport moving forward. If UND is going to be an average college hockey team they at least need to be somewhat entertaining to watch.

53 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

UND has scored 2 goals or less 19 times this season in 36 games played.  

That’s horrendous. But what’s even worse?  In 12 of those 19 games they’ve scored 1 or fewer goals. In Exactly 1/3 of their games they’ve either been shut out or only scored 1 goal. And over half they’ve scored 2 or less. That’s Anchorage caliber offensive stats  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

That’s horrendous. But what’s even worse?  In 12 of those 19 games they’ve scored 1 or fewer goals. In Exactly 1/3 of their games they’ve either been shut out or only scored 1 goal. And over half they’ve scored 2 or less. That’s Anchorage caliber offensive stats  

UND scored 13 total goals in 6 games vs Bemedji, UAA and Canisius

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Lines I would like to see tonight.

26-19-10 no brainer

16-8-29 Kawaguchi is no center

21-22-14

18-9-27

Really taking it easy on Denver with no 5 or 7 I see.  Just give them the game why don't you..   :glare:

Lack of offense equals lack of entertainment value.  It's why I'll never be a Wild fan- the early years were just too boring and they lost me.

The team needs a total re-boot.  It starts with getting rid of Shaw, then gets rid of all the dead weight forwards.  

the hard part about this year's team and coaching staff is it doesn't leave me with hope for next year.  If we were young and skilled and losing 6-4, I'd have some hope.

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Boys, boys, boys...enough complaining.  I was told that we’d rather have a few down years in exchange for a national championship once a decade.  So as long as they win one in 2026, this is fine.

Not by me...

the good news is I won't need to watch hockey on the computer when I'm in Hawaii for the Frozen Faceoff.

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

You want to laugh?  Well me, Oxbow, and Mafia are starting tomorrow night against DU.  I'm the Getter, Oxbow is the Setter, and Mafia (God help us) is the Netter.  Go Sioux!!

For how many shifts? Just wondering what to bet on the over/under before the altitude gets you old guys affects your stamina?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Lack of offense equals lack of entertainment value.  It's why I'll never be a Wild fan- the early years were just too boring and they lost me.

The team needs a total re-boot.  It starts with getting rid of Shaw, then gets rid of all the dead weight forwards.  

the hard part about this year's team and coaching staff is it doesn't leave me with hope for next year.  If we were young and skilled and losing 6-4, I'd have some hope.

Less and less bodies and more and more empty green seats at REA this year......

58 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

In the ever increasingly grab for the entertainment dollar in this region the new AD needs to read these 2 posts....... total ineptness on the ice and and a growing apathy of the fan base. Pretty sure that's not a good combination for the university's flagship sport moving forward. If UND is going to be an average college hockey team they at least need to be somewhat entertaining to watch.

Man this statement is like a mirror when our football program hit rough waters and came back to mediocrity. It gets ugly when people start pointing at the leadership, at the players, at the other fans...being used to winning and coming back to the pack really tests fan loyalty and weeds out the fair-weather bunch. Fortunately Sioux hockey is just like Griz football and will pack the house even in rough times, but it won't play that way forever, we're about 5 years past being a contender and patience is growing thin. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hi, I'm Rube Bjorkman, have we met. :lol:

I was trying to go with something Ogie might be able to relate to...if he doesn’t remember Gino’s last two years, surely the Rube years won’t resonate with him.