SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs DU

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, siouxforce19 said:

He’s referring to the three games we carried play in that we didn’t win. 

We actually didn’t play all that well in the game we won. 

I'm not so sure about that?  Didn't we jump out to a nice lead and then of course played in safe mode to stay ahead for the win?  Yah, not a great number of shots on goal for us (don't believe Denver did either) but rather see that with good goaltending on our part than we get 45 shots on goal and only nab 1 - 2 goals.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:02 AM, VikingSioux said:

Sure wish I could go support you all and the team in Denver.  As my optimistic brother always say's, we're not eliminated yet!  I'll be in Buffalo either way. 

I to like this match up.  Feel confident we will win the series.  Darn one gaol games, missing the net so many times this year, let's hope Kermit's Luck guides our puck and win by 2-3 goals each game!

Big UND hockey fan and cautiously optimistic about our chances in Denver but I just hope we can score 2 - 3 goals a game, let alone win by 2 - 3 goals each game.  :wink:

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2019 at 7:02 AM, VikingSioux said:

Sure wish I could go support you all and the team in Denver.  As my optimistic brother always say's, we're not eliminated yet!  I'll be in Buffalo either way. 

I to like this match up.  Feel confident we will win the series.  Darn one gaol games, missing the net so many times this year, let's hope Kermit's Luck guides our puck and win by 2-3 goals each game!

May the Farce be with you!

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol that part is pretty irrelevant when it's been 17 years since you've played one.

Exactly, my first thought.  Pretty small sample size/misleading even though it's been like 24 seasons as at least 2/3 of UND's conf playoff series' have been at home during that time.

14 hours ago, Cratter said:

That shows UND is only 3 games over .500

While DU is 9 games over .500

Big difference to me, plus DU has played a harder schedule than UND. 

Which is also why DU is 7th in the country and Bowling Green is 16th with a 23-9-5 record.

Agree but that doesn't explain why AZ St is ranked as high as it is in the PW.  Sure, they beat avg/poor tams but they've hardly beaten anybody good.  Hell, the Goofs ain't nothing special and they slaughtered (swept) them a few weeks ago and I'm not sure AZ St even dropped in the PW, did they?.  They must have something on somebody.   

22 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I'm not so sure about that?  Didn't we jump out to a nice lead and then of course played in safe mode to stay ahead for the win?  Yah, not a great number of shots on goal for us (don't believe Denver did either) but rather see that with good goaltending on our part than we get 45 shots on goal and only nab 1 - 2 goals.

From my perspective in the game we won, we spent a lot of time in our defensive zone. Denver had a ton of chances to close the gap on that lead. Made me uneasy the whole game. My seats were in our d-zone for 2 periods so I didn’t think we played well. I know there are others that will agree, but it’s fine if you have a different perspective. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Agree but that doesn't explain why AZ St is ranked as high as it is in the PW.  Sure, they beat avg/poor tams but they've hardly beaten anybody good.  Hell, the Goofs ain't nothing special and they slaughtered (swept) them a few weeks ago and I'm not sure AZ St even dropped in the PW, did they?.  They must have something on somebody.   

ASU is 21-12-1 with a SoS ranking of 22 according to Krach.

Bowling Green 23-9-5 with a SoS ranking of 47. 

There are only 60 teams in college hockey so 47/60 is not good. And only 34ish games played to day. Not much room for error in college hockey (SoS or W/L).

I don't have a problem with where ASU ranked. Maybe a little high. But nothing is perfect. Massey has ASU 15th. Krach 16th and PWR 9th.

Not sure if this was posted as of yet.  From the GF Herald today.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4584630-nchc-playoff-hockey-odds-are-against-und-might-be-just-what-it-needs

At the end of the day, i say again.........

I love the game outcome predictions that have been posted.

What a sport, good old fashion fun this is, especially in our crazy world.

My mom and I text each other during the games over the years.

We call them the Cardiac Sioux.  She will text me with 6 minutes go, “I’m heading to the ER to get an IV plugged in!”

“Here we go, Cardiac Sioux!”

Good times, Hockey, the Greatest sport on earth.

10 hours ago, GDPritch said:

That's all it takes, win the game you should, they played a lot of games against teams 40 or lower, they went 13-1 in those games. 4-0 against teams in the 30s. So, 17-1 against teams they should won. 4-11-1 against everyone else. I've said it before, a sweep against Alabama Huntsville is still better than a split against a Top 10 team. That 17-1 record is pretty remarkable though against poor teams.