SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs DU

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

That's all it takes, win the game you should, they played a lot of games against teams 40 or lower, they went 13-1 in those games. 4-0 against teams in the 30s. So, 17-1 against teams they should won. 4-11-1 against everyone else. I've said it before, a sweep against Alabama Huntsville is still better than a split against a Top 10 team. That 17-1 record is pretty remarkable though against poor teams. 

In KRACH, which is more favorable to SOS than PWR,  ASU is 16 (we are 17).  In PWR, they are 10 (we are 18). Still have to beat bad teams no matter which rating system used. We did not.

• Upvote 1

In December of 1948, UND played a two-game series against Michigan in Albuquerque. UND, in just the program's third year, was swept by the Wolverines. The players on that UND team included Ginny Christian, Ralph Engelstad, Dan McKinnon, John Noah and Cal Marvin.

Can they pick up a little John / Cal / Ginny residual inspiration on the way out of town? Wouldn't hurt ... 

10 minutes ago, sprig said:

In KRACH, which is more favorable to SOS than PWR,  ASU is 16 (we are 17).  In PWR, they are 10 (we are 18). Still have to beat bad teams no matter which rating system used. We did not.

I don't think anyone is arguing that UND should be higher than they currently are, at least I hope not.  They've played themselves into this position and now they're going to have play themselves out of it or have an early end to their season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that UND should be higher than they currently are, at least I hope not.  They've played themselves into this position and now they're going to have play themselves out of it or have an early end to their season.

Nope, it's just why ASU is where they are. they beat the bad teams, and they played a lot of them.

41 minutes ago, AJS said:

That's all it takes, win the game you should, they played a lot of games against teams 40 or lower, they went 13-1 in those games. 4-0 against teams in the 30s. So, 17-1 against teams they should won. 4-11-1 against everyone else. I've said it before, a sweep against Alabama Huntsville is still better than a split against a Top 10 team. That 17-1 record is pretty remarkable though against poor teams. 

It is.  And there is enough talent out there playing on teams that are not "elite"  that you have to respect them or you will lose to them.  

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

UND will not make it to Magness this afternoon to practice as I-25 northbound between Monument and Castle Rock is still closed. I wonder if they’ll practice at World Arena instead? 

That would be great if so, I'm planning on going to make a CC and DU game next year in CO.  Love the Broadmore facilites etc.  I heard CC was building an on campus Rink?  4K-6K seating size?  If so, will be a few years and I WOULD NEVER get to see the action at the World Arena!  MUST GO NEXT YEAR!  will see you there!  My wife and I would love to meet all the Sioux Fans!

GO SIOUX TOMORROW, YOU HAVE THE BEST FANS IN THE COUNTRY! 

• Upvote 1

Glad to see this is the place they landed.  I remember Air Force making it to the FF, was inspirational for those players no matter what, perhaps the Sioux can think about that, and the dedication and commitment and move their feet for 60 minutes, take it to those Pioneers! 

1 hour ago, VikingSioux said:

That would be great if so, I'm planning on going to make a CC and DU game next year in CO.  Love the Broadmore facilites etc.  I heard CC was building an on campus Rink?  4K-6K seating size?  If so, will be a few years and I WOULD NEVER get to see the action at the World Arena!  MUST GO NEXT YEAR!  will see you there!  My wife and I would love to meet all the Sioux Fans!

GO SIOUX TOMORROW, YOU HAVE THE BEST FANS IN THE COUNTRY! 

They stated when DU and UND came to town they would play at World Arena.

1 hour ago, VikingSioux said:

Glad to see this is the place they landed.  I remember Air Force making it to the FF, was inspirational for those players no matter what, perhaps the Sioux can think about that, and the dedication and commitment and move their feet for 60 minutes, take it to those Pioneers! 

Frank Serratore faces all kinds of obstacles and his teams seem to overachieve. It really is inspirational. That, and Frank gives some of the funniest, most candid interviews in the business. He definitely doesn’t partake in the usual “coach speak.” 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Lostmyfrenchymug said:

Anyone know if the team made it to Denver

They practiced in Colorado Springs this afternoon and with the interstate now being open, I'm guessing they are making the quick bus drive up to Denver as I write this, if they aren't already there. 

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

They practiced in Colorado Springs this afternoon and with the interstate now being open, I'm guessing they are making the quick bus drive up to Denver as I write this, if they aren't already there. 

Yeah, I think they were en route about an hour ago.