SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs DU

Sure wish I could go support you all and the team in Denver.  As my optimistic brother always say's, we're not eliminated yet!  I'll be in Buffalo either way. 

I to like this match up.  Feel confident we will win the series.  Darn one gaol games, missing the net so many times this year, let's hope Kermit's Luck guides our puck and win by 2-3 goals each game!

You know what, I'm going to say it, yep, here goes.

Since we've had all the tough breaks this year, injuries, so many miss the net ordeals " he shoots! just missed!" then all the one goal games, not getting sweeps when we outplayed them, well, here's where it all comes together.  We make the most of our shots, have fewer misses, putting them ON net, swarm them and get those goals.  So, I'm thinking based on how we've played the top ten teams and all our dumb tough luck this year, we will win, enough to get to the 16 team tournament, then we make it to the Frozen Four.

There, I said it, I have  to remain confident. my gut says it's realistic,  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VikingSioux said:

You know what, I'm going to say it, yep, here goes.

Since we've had all the tough breaks this year, injuries, so many miss the net ordeals " he shoots! just missed!" then all the one goal games, not getting sweeps when we outplayed them, well, here's where it all comes together.  We make the most of our shots, have fewer misses, putting them ON net, swarm them and get those goals.  So, I'm thinking based on how we've played the top ten teams and all our dumb tough luck this year, we will win, enough to get to the 16 team tournament, then we make it to the Frozen Four.

There, I said it, I have  to remain confident. my gut says it's realistic,  

This team absolutely has the defense and goaltending to win in the tournament. Just gotta get there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VikingSioux said:

Sure wish I could go support you all and the team in Denver.  As my optimistic brother always say's, we're not eliminated yet!  I'll be in Buffalo either way. 

I to like this match up.  Feel confident we will win the series.  Darn one gaol games, missing the net so many times this year, let's hope Kermit's Luck guides our puck and win by 2-3 goals each game!

I liked what Jake Brandt said during Saturday’s broadcast about how so many times guys are trying to pick corners and oftentimes miss and that it’s sometimes better to simply put the puck on net and play for rebounds. I get why guys try to hit the corners, because these goalies are so big and athletic but throwing one off their pillows and crashing for rebounds can be effective too. Hopefully we’re successful at both this weekend. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I liked what Jake Brandt said during Saturday’s broadcast about how so many times guys are trying to pick corners and oftentimes miss and that it’s sometimes better to simply put the puck on net and play for rebounds. I get why guys try to hit the corners, because these goalies are so big and athletic but throwing one off their pillows and crashing for rebounds can be effective too. Hopefully we’re successful at both this weekend. 

That's how Hain scored his goal.  Johnny 17 put one off the boards (seemed to be wide intentionally) and Hain grabbed an eventual rebound.

-Pretty sure it was Hain's goal....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

As long as it gets North Dakota to the next round, I'll allow it.

If that allows my Regional tickets to have more value than the Kleenex I just used.....ok!

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

This is spot on!

• Upvote 2