SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We've been talking about this all year and we've also discussed four incoming freshmen that should help this on the 18-19 season thread. Hopefully we score more than 2 goals tonight.

Yes I know we have but bringing new players into a system that may stifle their talent would be counter productive to bringing a influx of talent.

Just now, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Yes I know we have but bringing new players into a system that may stifle their talent would be counter productive to bringing a influx of talent.

My guess is that we have a system the suits our strengths this season and that would change when and if our strengths change. 

5 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I sure hope so , the last two years have not been old time Sioux hockey.

I agree with you, man. I'm very hopeful and I definitely can see some light on the horizon. The next couple years have a lot of potential to be really fun.

This year ain't over yet, either! 

Need the win tonight.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What he said was accurate. Brad said it in his article today they win 5 out of 6, they put themselves right there. Winning the next four are certainly possible. DU on the road will be tough, of course. But, there's definitely still a chance of getting an auto bid.

Mathematically possible to have a path to an at-large? Maybe.

Realistically though, the next four games only matter in terms of trying to get home ice for a run at the auto bid.

1 minute ago, franchise said:

Realistically though, the next four games only matter in terms of trying to get home ice for a run at the auto bid.

Go and read Brad's article. He ran the numbers and said it's more likely we get an auto bid than home ice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Senior. Co-captain. 

What've I been saying about leadership? 

This cracks me up...the guy's a flipping Senior Captain and he still hasn't figured out that stupid penalties hurt the team...

Paraphrasing from Brad Berry in today's Heraldo:  "If there's one thing with Rhett that we have to keep working on, it's the discipline side," Berry said...  Sometimes, he gets caught up in the game. That's where I think some composure has to come in."

At this point in this particular season, I just want to see a little hope for the future of the program.  This season has been a roller-coaster and a real let down.  Maybe we can round the corner?

I feel a split this weekend is realistic, and that probably won't be enough to salvage any post season play.  Sad.

Just paraphrasing what others have said, the "at large" portion of the playoffs start tonight. The picture obviously gets a little clearer after each night, with so many different outcomes potentially playing a huge role. Game 1 of 4, win and UND's still in the hunt. 

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

This cracks me up...the guy's a flipping Senior Captain and he still hasn't figured out that stupid penalties hurt the team...

Paraphrasing from Brad Berry in today's Heraldo:  "If there's one thing with Rhett that we have to keep working on, it's the discipline side," Berry said...  Sometimes, he gets caught up in the game. That's where I think some composure has to come in."

Sounds like an enabling parent to me.

It's been one season after another of minimal discipline........on both sides of the ledger.

The interesting part of all this is We don’t really know for sure what is going to happen this year yet.

if we were ranked number one then these next games wouldn’t matter as much as they do to this team this year 

how boring that would be

sigh

we still have a chance to make regional 

wouldn’t bet on it but we have a chance 

26 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

if we were ranked number one then these next games wouldn’t matter as much as they do to this team this year  

how boring that would be 

I don't know, those types of years (#1 ranking) were never boring to me.  :) 

4 hours ago, franchise said:

I’m going to think realistically and just say we have to win the Frozen Faceoff to get in the NCAA tournament!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Hard to believe a head coach can’t control his team. I understand things happen in hockey game but this is a pattern. 

• Upvote 1