SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Duluth -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Trying to be a realist here but it is looking very unlikely that UND is going to make the tournament. The last two years have been extremely disappointing. My question is do you think Brad Berry has what it takes to turn things around? Do you think he will make any off season changes.  I have a feeling Shaw will be gone after this season. 

5 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Trying to be a realist here but it is looking very unlikely that UND is going to make the tournament. The last two years have been extremely disappointing. My question is do you think Brad Berry has what it takes to turn things around? Do you think he will make any off season changes.  I have a feeling Shaw will be gone after this season. 

I am willing to give Berry one more season before I join the Boo Berry crowd if he doesn't turn it around.
This team lacks scoring, but has a great d-corps and goalie group.  With some infusion of highly skilled forwards plus our current crop of FR/SO gaining another year, our forward skill will go up.  Plus, our PP can only get better, right?  ;) 

10 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Feel that he's going to be UND's version of Mike Eaves. 

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I am willing to give Berry one more season before I join the Boo Berry crowd if he doesn't turn it around.
This team lacks scoring, but has a great d-corps and goalie group.  With some infusion of highly skilled forwards plus our current crop of FR/SO gaining another year, our forward skill will go up.  Plus, our PP can only get better, right?  ;) 

Reasonable view.   Hard to have a good powerplay with subpar offensive talent.  Gotta have possession players and shooters. 

7 minutes ago, crb1 said:

My positive outtake is I genuinely believe they aren’t far off from being a very good team, also believe they’ll be at that point next year. Negative, the last two years they’ve found ways to screw it up. Berry has underachieved the last 3 years, why would next year be different? 

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

very disappointing...win this game and a chance at an at large bid...but no can never get a sweep! So frustrating

Absolutely, it’s so frustrating knowing they had NO chance of winning tonight. Zero. Just like last Saturday. Only UND can get swept against teams that have less talent, not the other way around. 

Berry two years in a row after not missing for 15 straight! Love it!

38 minutes ago, crb1 said:

We were swept by Canisius.   That should answer any questions about our coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Absolutely, it’s so frustrating knowing they had NO chance of winning tonight. Zero. Just like last Saturday. Only UND can get swept against teams that have less talent, not the other way around. 

Are you saying UND has more talent than Duluth? Not sure I’d agree with that right now.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Are you saying UND has more talent than Duluth? Not sure I’d agree with that right now.

No, I said only UND can get swept against a team with less talent (see Canisius), UND will never be able to complete that task against a more talented team (see Duluth / SCSU). 

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

A few weeks ago, CC beat Duluth on a Friday night and then the next night, UMD came out like a completely different team. I have a feeling Sandelin wasn’t very happy with his team’s performance last night and tonight will be a tougher challenge. He has a way of motivating his boys but hat said, I hope UND responds in kind and sweeps Duluth tonight! 

You nailed it, they were a different (better) team tonight.  Still, as well as they played, it took them two-2 man advantage power plays(and a solid pipe by UND) to pull this one out on UND.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Fire Haks!

46 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how, out of a 60 minute hockey game, UND only managed 3 shots on goal in 30 of those minutes!

Gotta be some sort of record.

It boggles the mind but it's really just a microcosm of the last few seasons and how we are so offensively challenged. 

23 minutes ago, DAR said:

they can sweep the next 4 games vs CC and Omaha but will do little to help in the Pairwise...tonights loss was a killer

Only a vasy misunderstanding of how the pairwise system works would allow one to perceive tonights loss as a killer.

It officially lowered the chances from slim to uufda but a split with a top 5 team was and is not the "killer".

dalooth is good,......creepy, divey, cringy and kinda ugly but.. yeah thats a good hockey team. Splitsvilles vs the top teams is fine.

Getting shithoused in the hotel lobby on top of parking garage to a D3 wannabe.... thats a killer.

• Upvote 1