SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Duluth -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

We (I) don't know why Todd Anderson hasn't officiated since the Schuldt hit on Mismash. 

That said, it is a most curious coincidence. 

And as PCM knows, in my world there are no coincidences. 

Could it be due to a botched Botox procedure?

Asking for Daryl Hannah.............

3 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

We had ridiculous skill players upfront for many years:  Parise, Stafford, Zajac, Toews, Oshie, Nelson, Schmaltz, Boeser...you're talking about some of the best 200-300 offensive players in the world.  Throw in Frattin, Malone, Vandevelde, Jost, Grimaldi, Knight, Rowney, Bochenski, Jewels, Murray, Porter...guys that fall just outside that high bar, but still play(ed) in the NHL.  Then throw in high-end college players that just couldn't/can't get over that hump: Kristo, Duncan, Trupp,  Gregoire...

We haven't gotten those kinda guys lately...meaning since Jost committed.

I'm curious if we're losing that ultra high-end to Major Junior more these days...I might have to do some research...see if it's pervasive for forwards across NCAA

You are correct about our talent - that's why this offensive implosion is so difficult to watch.  But it's not just the ultra-high end kids we seem to be missing on - other teams seem to be able to find guys who can put pucks in the net - but we don't seem to be able to.  Like I said on another thread - out of the top 100 scorers in NCAA Division I hockey we have exactly none.  And it's not just the juniors.  There are many sophomores on the list, but none of ours.  Of the top freshmen scorers in our conference our highest forward is rated number 17 - Denver has 5 - count em - 5 freshman forwards scorfing more than Senden.  St. Clown has 3.  I'm not trying to bash our younger classes, but his provides a little perspective on why we can't score.  I don't believe it is something as simple as missing on the Junior class.  There are many very knowledgeable coaches who have huge blind spots.  Berry must have one or two for us to fall this far this fast.  You don't have to look farther than football Bubba to see a very knowledgeable football mind who has coached the game for many years, yet couldn't recognize a very poor offensive philosophy until it bit him in the butt.  Someone needs to take a hard look at what we are doing and make some hard changes.  I hope Berry is a guy that can do this. 

40 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

There's at least 8 rostered forwards on this team that would have had zero chance on making any of the rosters the 3 years Oshie played. Zero chance. Think about that!

And many complained that we never won the big one with Oshie and his teammates.  Not I--I got great pleasure watching them play, whether they won a banner or not.  Just saying some folks need banners to feel good about it all and openly expressed a willingness to live with down years so long as we got a banner now and then. 

Not saying that's you, Oxbow.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, burd said:

And many complained that we never won the big one with Oshie and his teammates.  Not I--I got great pleasure watching them play, whether they won a banner or not.  Just saying some folks need banners to feel good about it all and openly expressed a willingness to live with down years so long as we got a banner now and then. 

Agree. Going to F4s to cheer on your team are a blast. Hak's teams couldn't get over the hump. It is what it is. It's part of his legacy here. Were those seasons frustrating as a fan... absolutely but these past two seasons are even more frustrating. They have been cringe worthy!

3 hours ago, burd said:

I used to get worked up over the losses, but I tuned in every single game...even before NCHC.TV...and before I had good wifi in my house...I had an old Dell desktop pc plugged into my basement TV.  That was until 2011ish...

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

There's at least 8 rostered forwards on this team that would have had zero chance on making any of the rosters the 3 years Oshie played. Zero chance. Think about that!

I hear you...Think about this:  one of our supposed higher end forwards Colin Adams has the same number of points his Sophomore season as offensive dynamo Joe Finley had his sophomore season...I know Adams has a few games yet to play, but you get my point.  

• Upvote 2