SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball

Nodak78

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

According to you earlier, we should be doing exactly as they do for spring game formats.

Hence my “control the weather” statement. If not for weather, SDSU was to be in their regular season venue. NDSU will be in their regular season venue.

I'm fine with the "game" being at the hpc if they aren't going to try to make it a huge event.  But if they wanted to make an event out of it, I do have an idea.  UND is putting on some type of spring concert event for the students, right?  I think in the parking lot of the Alerus? 

Move the concert inside, either in the HPC or the Aleruse center.
Allow tailgating
Close tailgating when the spring "game" starts
have the concert after the spring "game" at the same venue.

While the band is setting up after the game, have some type of event on the field with the fans, football toss games, interaction with football players, booth to sign up for nodak nation, discounted champions club membership booth for graduating students, etc.

52 minutes ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

The freeways are completely clear....

Side bar: Not surprising. It was warm snow (28F) onto clear, warm roads. That's optimum cleaning/clearing conditions for highways, especially if you can any, even filtered, solar radiation on them. 

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

How about a Spring Wrap report?  Anyone?

Grover looked good at QB, made the best throws of all QBs

Otis weh runs hard and explosive, will be fun to watch 

The new offense likes to spread things out with 5 wide formations TE are out wide used as blockers. Kind of reminds me of how the Green Bay packers used their spread formations.  Remember Danny is a Wisconsin boy and loves the packs!  

• Upvote 2

I agree on Grover. He throws a nice ball. Not very strong armed, seems like a Freund type.

Ketteringham looked to be throwing a better ball than last year which is good.

Otis absolutely blew somebody up on a run. You could feel the pop on impact. He’s short and thick and explosive, hopefully he can become a game changer.

Greibel made a really nice catch and was in on a lot of action today.

Boltmann looked faster than I expected. I’m sure he’ll be even a little quicker after a summer of knowing he’ll have to run for a living now. 

McKinney is super fast, he’s gonna get the ball in all sorts of ways and I can’t wait.

• Upvote 4