SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Denver

runaroundsioux

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

First time I've ever just wanted the season to be over. It can't come soon enough. You give up 3 goals the entire weekend and only manage a single point. It's so unbelievable. 

Agreed.  First time for me since the first season at the new Ralph (01/02).
Although that team could still score some goals from time to time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rochsioux said:

Never been less impressed by a Denver hockey team yet we are going to finish behind them in the standings.  Of course I haven’t  seen a less impressive UND team in a long time.  

Agreed.  How are they 6th in the pairwise?  If UND had anything that resembled a goal scorer Denver could have been swept at home.

• Upvote 1

One of my keys to the rest of the year was Scheel to play to his average (.905 SV%), when he does that, UND has only lost twice coming into this weekend. Well, he managed that, playing above both nights, but it didn't matter. 

The true positive coming out of this year is this team next year will have an excellent defensive core and great goaltending. Even more important, it'll be impossible to be as offensively inept as this year. Impossible. We are witnessing history this year with their lack of goal scoring.

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

Never been less impressed by a Denver hockey team yet we are going to finish behind them in the standings.  Of course I haven’t  seen a less impressive UND team in a long time.  

Agreed.... so how bad is our forwards. 

Minus Hayden Shaw the defense is good and Scheel is a good trendy, it’s been said many times on this forum but our point production from our forwards is horrendous. 

7 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

I just don't get how a team can have so much puck possession, and still get beat over and over again.  It's hard to grasp.

I said it after last night, this year is like nothing I've ever seen over 20 years watching hockey. A team that time and time again outplays the opponent, but has a record like they do. It would be one thing if they had Goaltending problems, but they don't. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

One of my keys to the rest of the year was Scheel to play to his average (.905 SV%), when he does that, UND has only lost twice coming into this weekend. Well, he managed that, playing above both nights, but it didn't matter. 

The true positive coming out of this year is this team next year will have an excellent defensive core and great goaltending. Even more important, it'll be impossible to be as offensively inept as this year. Impossible. We are witnessing history this year with their lack of goal scoring.

Impossible you say ?  I hope you’re right but I’ll need to see it to believe it.  If next years team doesn’t at least get over three goals a game then you have to sack Berry, buyout be damned.  The hockey program is too important to let it be run into the ground.  

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Agreed.  How are they 6th in the pairwise?  If UND had anything that resembled a goal scorer Denver could have been swept at home.

This X100. We've seen these teams play four times and UND was clearly the better team 3 times, but will finish probably 15 spots behind them in the pairwise. I have no idea how Denver is where they are, they are so average. 

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

Impossible you say ?  I hope you’re right but I’ll need to see it to believe it.  If next years team doesn’t at least get over three goals a game then you have to sack Berry, buyout be damned.  The hockey program is too important to let it be run into the ground.  

Impossible

Just now, rochsioux said:

Denver is a nice team but nothing special (like us).  What's really odd, with how tough/close we've played good teams this season (as frustrated as I've been with our shortage of goals this season I do see improved offensive play lately from the boys), is that I think we have a better chance of WINNING (neutral ice, large contingent of Sioux fans, 1 game only vs ea opponent, opponent likely already qlfd for NCAA tourney regardless, etc.) in St Paul at Frozen Face-off IF we can make it there vs winning 2 out of 3 in 1st round at either Denver or W Mich.  We just gotta make it to St Paul, that's most likely the tuff part as I think conf tourney home ice is out the window.  If we don't win NCHC post-season conf tourney though no way in hell (stating the obvious I guess :blush:) we make NCAA tourney.

Berry: "Disappointing after the effort." "Had chances" "UND won 2 periods. 3rd was 50/50." "Got momentum off the 5x3 despite them scoring at the end of it." 

Hennessy: "two pipes. goal disallowed."

Berry: "I thought it was a good goal."

Berry: "Guys played their hardest and best. Gotta get rested up and get ready for Western."