SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Denver

runaroundsioux

While on the subject, also decided to see if there were throwing shot attempts from the blue line a lot like it seemed they were.

Tonights leading shot attempts for UND: 

Defenseman 9 shots
Defenseman 8 shots
Defenseman 6 shots

Tied for 3rd/4th with 6 shots attempts we have our first UND forward.

That is not a formula for success.

• Upvote 1

Shaws need to go. IDC if shaw scored tonight, hes still a joke. Bast still can't play defense. Someone just needs to be fired. Is this season over yet? I don't even feel bad for them, in fact this team is embarrassing themselves almost every game they play. Sure, they have worked hard some games, and out shot most opponents. What about the old saying, work smarter not harder.... 

Denver,  like us,  is an average to below average team.  We'd be right with them in pairwise except for our very heavy anchor (Canisius). Should be SCSU championship,  except,  their record is built on winning on Olympic ice,  which they'll be without in the tournament.  I'll give Duluth the edge to win again

8 hours ago, ThompHockey said:

I think the craziest thing for me is that they keep trying to do the same formations and forecheck systems as if it's just gonna magically start working... this coaching staff is not working out

#process

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Berry: "Disappointing after the effort." "Had chances" "UND won 2 periods. 3rd was 50/50." "Got momentum off the 5x3 despite them scoring at the end of it." 

Hennessy: "two pipes. goal disallowed."

Berry: "I thought it was a good goal."

Berry: "Guys played their hardest and best. Gotta get rested up and get ready for Western." 

"We are an average hockey team. Our record speaks for itself".

How about hearing that?

I can see Berry running for a political office.

7 hours ago, Cratter said:

Got tired of hearing Gardners name constantly getting called for Penalties so I decided to look it up to see if he was taking as many penalties as my ears kept telling me.

Sure enough, guy is 6th in the entire country in Penalty Minutes.

#1 if you exclude underclassman.

#leadership

5 hours ago, DAR said:

Did Shaw really do the Superman Cam Newton thing after he scored? That is what I saw.  How embarrassing.

At least he stopped doing that after his 3rd own goal so Berry must have had a few words with him.

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So as a ticket season holder for years how does one get reimbursed for the NCHC first round playoff tickets I have sitting on my dresser?  

#thereisalwaysafirst

You won't have to pay for them next season

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

That goal should've counted. The DU defender pushed Johnson into the goalie. The refs blew the call. 

The referees in the wmu/ Omaha game got the review right on Friday night. Omaha's first goal, the goal was originally waived off but on review the Omaha player was pushed into the goalie and the call was reversed. Goal counted. Same situation for North Dakota last night except the goal was originally called a goal. We've seen things go Denver's way at Magnus year after year. Just another example of what occurs all the time

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Goon said:

That goal should've counted. The DU defender pushed Johnson into the goalie. The refs blew the call. 

That just means UND would have lost 3-2 in OT as opposed to 2-1.  Denver would have scored with like .1 seconds left in regulation, allowing Berry to further blame “unlucky bounces” and “puck luck” for the loss.

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

The referees in the wmu/ Omaha game got the review right on Friday night. Omaha's first goal, the goal was originally waived off but on review the Omaha player was pushed into the goalie and the call was reversed. Goal counted. Same situation for North Dakota last night except the goal was originally called a goal. We've seen things go Denver's way at Magnus year after year. Just another example of what occurs all the time

The officiating crew in this series was horrendous. If anyone noticed, Todd Anderson didn't ref this past weekend. Probably got himself a week's vacation for his officiating last weekend. This weekend's crew should get the same treatment. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So as a ticket season holder for years how does one get reimbursed for the NCHC first round playoff tickets I have sitting on my dresser?  

#thereisalwaysafirst

If memory serves, they’ll credit the amount towards your season tickets next year.  That’s how they did it last time.  If you don’t plan to renew next year, then I guess I don’t know. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

The officiating crew in this series was horrendous. If anyone noticed, Todd Anderson didn't ref this past weekend. Probably got himself a week's vacation for his officiating last weekend. This weekend's crew should get the same treatment. 

Blah blah terrible officiating blah blah Anderson blah blah.  If Hakstol was coaching this team, the “Fire Hak” thread would have expanded by 147 pages from the end of last night’s game thru 8:30 this morning.  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Well it was on the front page of the sports section, not buried on page 3 under a MSUM Dragon’s women’s hoops article as it usually is.

Well the Lady Dragons are 18-4 so there's that.

Blame the refs, puck luck whatever, when your pointing a finger there is three pointing back at you. Poor discipline , no fire and poor leadership from the head coach to the bus driver. When your assit. Capt.  takes bone headed penalties and the coach just pats him on the back sends a message, no repercussions for your actions boys. 

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Penalties are often the result of competing hard- i never get too worked up about them.  

Forgive me for being obvious, but the gap on this year's team is offensive creativity.  Forwards are playing really good structure, but sometimes to score, you need a license to be creative outside that structure.  They are clearly coached to prevent opportunities against vs to create opportunities for on 5x5...which is a recipe for winning if you have great team speed for the transition game and a great power play.  We do not have either.  

i was always coached that in the O zone you need to beat a guy 1:1, and once you do that the whole O zone is now full of odd-man opportunities to create something.  

Regarding draft picks, the difference in talent level between a 4-6th rounder vs Undrafted is marginal at best- somebody in the drafting organization saw something that might be useful in a depth or situational player and therefor it is worth taking a flyer on them in case they grow up to be Joe Pavelski.  First rounders are the ones with elite skill.  

Been awhile since I posted- the personal haters drove me off.

Great post.

This team is very tough to watch given the lack of offense.  Made it through the first last night.