SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

undVBfan

Faith Dooley, Sydney Griffen, Chelsea Moser and others that were the key in the Big Sky run were all Hardee recruits.  Last year when the roster was entirely built with his players...didn’t really do a lot for me to be perfectly honest.  So I was often scratching my head when looking at what was out there.  Good Luck to him.  

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I was just saying his issues here should no longer be issues anymore. He built this program from ground up

like steve sarkisian...being an alcoholic is maybe a protected class now...maybe he should never even been fired...bring him back and let hardee finish what he started here...

13 hours ago, the green team said:

Faith Dooley, Sydney Griffen, Chelsea Moser and others that were the key in the Big Sky run were all Hardee recruits.  Last year when the roster was entirely built with his players...didn’t really do a lot for me to be perfectly honest.  So I was often scratching my head when looking at what was out there.  Good Luck to him.  

True, but we don't really know how Hardee would have done with them.  Would have been hard to top what Pryor did with them.   Plus he did add some good pieces in Fraase, Merseli and Tepavac. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Does UND look to the NSIC for the coaching replacement?  

They do have some of the best programs for DII.  They would pass for a DI league in the east.  Concordia-St Paul’s program example is top notch.  Northern St demolished NDSU in a spring game.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think there is any way the CSP coach is interested. I think he has too good of a setup where is at right now. And if he was looking for "bigger and better," I suspect he would have had plenty of opportunities in the past. While UND isn't a bad job, I don't think it's the job he was waiting for to make the move. If Hugh retires and UM comes calling, that might be another story. :-)

Found a name from the past on the FIVB website. I had heard Amanda was a serious beach player before coming to UND. She was undersized for the front row in D1, but not for a defender on the sand. Turkey is 2* event (all the Olympic hopefuls are at a 4* in Brazil this week), so Tokyo isn't an option, but if she keeps progressing Paris could be a possibility in 2024.

http://worldtour.2019.fivb.com/en/806

• 4 weeks later...

Volleyball schedules are starting to come in.

NDSU is coming to UND Oct 15th while UND is going to Fargo November 12th, both Tuesdays.  NDSU also plays Cal, Buffalo and Green Bay in its home tournament the third weekend of the season.  Would be interested if they play in Grand Forks too.

13 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Volleyball schedules are starting to come in.

NDSU is coming to UND Oct 15th while UND is going to Fargo November 12th, both Tuesdays.  NDSU also plays Cal, Buffalo and Green Bay in its home tournament the third weekend of the season.  Would be interested if they play in Grand Forks too.

Looks like all of the Summit League games have been scheduled.

https://fightinghawks.com/schedule.aspx?path=wvball

Really miss Big Sky conference scheduling.

• 2 weeks later...

2019 Volleyball Roster is up

Once again, a whole bunch of underclass turnover.  The departures of Williams, Flores and Rautio have already been discussed.  Also losing Alivia Fraase, Megan Larson and Maggie Smith. 

The only players returning that played in more than half the teams' sets last year are Nieukirk, Rutten and Brueggeman.

Very young team - only 4 juniors and seniors, one of which is a newcomer

1 minute ago, lawkota said:

2019 Volleyball Roster is up

Once again, a whole bunch of underclass turnover.  The departures of Williams, Flores and Rautio have already been discussed.  Also losing Alivia Fraase, Megan Larson and Maggie Smith. 

The only players returning that played in more than half the teams' sets last year are Nieukirk, Rutten and Brueggeman.

Very young team - only 4 juniors and seniors, one of which is a newcomer

No Fraase?

That one really hurts.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

No Fraase?

That one really hurts.

Although I am disappointed that Fraase is no longer on the roster, I am pleased to see that the other young talent is all back.  Neiukirk, Chwialkowski & Ahrens are going to be very good players plus I know they were high on 6'3" Morgan Hunt who redshirted last year.  With Bruggeman, Rutten and some of the new talent coming in, we could be pretty good by the second half of the upcoming season.

16 hours ago, Dagger said:

Didn’t we have a gal  named Bigelow from Wisconsin that had committed a while ago?  What is the story there?

You are correct - Abbey Bigelow from Kasson, MN signed with us last fall.  Not sure what happened with her!

22 hours ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Fraase is moving on with her career. 

Very sad for me.  She was my favorite player.  I think Pryor effed up  when he took the libero position away from her.  Perhaps that's the reason she decided to move on.

7 hours ago, Dustin said:

Very sad for me.  She was my favorite player.  I think Pryor effed up  when he took the libero position away from her.  Perhaps that's the reason she decided to move on.

I never understood what exactly Pryor was thinking with this. 

I hope that it isn't the primary reason

16 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

2019 schedule is out.  Not really anything to get excited about.

https://fightinghawks.com/schedule.aspx?path=wvball

This is a very weak non-conference schedule.  Play four HBCU’s which are historically weak in the sport and make trips to New Orleans, Rhode Island, and North Carolina against rather weak competition.  But it’s a rebuilding year so a good start is possible.