SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

undVBfan

5 minutes ago, undVBfan said:

Anyone know anything about this? I'm not 100% sure that this is a bad thing. Unless there is a transfer coming in that we haven't heard about it's a year of experience gone, but again, I think it could work out for the best in the long run.

http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/75795/d1-transfers-2019?page=1

That is welcome news, in my opinion.  Not sure what Tulsa wants to do with her, but she was a bust at setter for UND.  Hopefully what it means is that Pryor has a real setter ready to play for 2019, and Rautio saw the writing on the wall.

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

That is welcome news, in my opinion.  Not sure what Tulsa wants to do with her, but she was a bust at setter for UND.  Hopefully what it means is that Pryor has a real setter ready to play for 2019, and Rautio saw the writing on the wall.

It's not confirmed, and I haven't tracked down the source yet, but I suspect it's true. 

I wouldn't say she was a bust, but I thought she was predictable and easy to read. But it does leave another hole to fill. Looking back a year or so I think the loss of Merseli ended up being  more of an issue than Griffin (relative comparison, both BIG losses). UND really needs a 6 rotation player who can sideout, pass, and hit from the pipe (there was no legitimate backrow option last year).

2 minutes ago, undVBfan said:

It's not confirmed, and I haven't tracked down the source yet, but I suspect it's true. 

I wouldn't say she was a bust, but I thought she was predictable and easy to read. But it does leave another hole to fill. Looking back a year or so I think the loss of Merseli ended up being  more of an issue that Griffin (relative comparison, but BIG losses). UND really needs a 6 rotation player who can sideout, pass, and hit from the pipe (there was no legitimate backrow option last year).

Calling her a bust might be a bit harsh, I'll admit, especially since she wasn't getting good passes.  She seemed out of shape, and the amount of running that our poor passing forced her to do, plus the fact she kept having to wipe off her sweaty hands, made for the worst setter play I've even seen at UND in the DI era.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the 2018 will be an anomaly.  I hope so, anyways.  I am certain we will have better setter play.  I'd like to see what Morgan Hunt brings with her height (6-3).  Ashley Bruggeman will need her best game every time she plays, and Alivia Fraase should give coach no doubt that she's the libero.  Still a young team in '19, with 3 seniors and 2 juniors.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:03 AM, undVBfan said:

I wouldn't say she was a bust, but I thought she was predictable and easy to read. But it does leave another hole to fill. Looking back a year or so I think the loss of Merseli ended up being  more of an issue than Griffin (relative comparison, both BIG losses). UND really needs a 6 rotation player who can sideout, pass, and hit from the pipe (there was no legitimate backrow option last year).

Roosa lists on twitter that she is in Tulsa, OK.

Flores must have been lonesome for home to go NAIA.

The team environment must have been bad.

19 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Roosa lists on twitter that she is in Tulsa, OK.

Flores must have been lonesome for home to go NAIA.

The team environment must have been bad.

I'm never surprised when someone wants to be closer to home, especially after their freshman year. I hope she's happy and it all works out for her. 

I have no first hand knowledge about the team chemistry, or lack of, but I wouldn't assume there was a team problem because she left. Lots of players in every sport just want to be closer to home. I do believe there was an issue earlier in the season, but that was addressed and I'm pretty sure won't be back next year.:-)

I don't know the move is a big step down. Midland is a good team. They lost in the semis this year at the NAIA championships. I'm not sure where the best NAIA teams would fit in at the NCAA level. Maybe mid level D1 or upper level D2? It's just a guess, the physicality and size of the players just keeps going up with the higher levels.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In December there was an article about a new hire at UND Volleyball, Jeremiah Tiffen as Associate Head Coach. As far as I can tell, there have been no updates to the Web site. Is he on campus and part of the staff?

Also, have there been any official press releases on NLI's for incoming Freshman? 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, lawkota said:

Thank you Coach Pryor for all you have done to this program. You took this program to new heights with conference championships and NCAA tournament appearances. Good luck to you and your family on your next quest. As for Bill Chaves, let’s get a coach as equally as good as Pryor and win the Summit.

• Upvote 1