Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:41 AM, MafiaMan said:

14-13-6 on the season and 0-3-1 in games I personally attend.  The good news is, I won’t be in Grand Forks this weekend.  

big "Waste Management" conference or something?

Just now, Blackheart said:

She gets to stay on as an “advisor” to the program…not exactly sure what that entails but it probably pays.  Gofer womens hoops team has been BAD for a while; guessing B-Rad has a little more slack at this point.  That seat on the bench may get a little warm if Sioux start out slowly next season, though.

Staying on as an advisor entails that there isn't a riot for firing a god that came from the program. Obviously Brad has more slack than Whalen but getting rid of a "family member" can be done when the program isn't up to par.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

The UofM just "asked" Lindsey Wahlen to "step down" ...

Ah yes, the coward's way:

• If they fire her they have to pay her. If she steps down she's likely owed nothing, and she may even owe them.
  • By publicly asking her to step down they appease the noise makers and make her a pariah for staying under contract. 

I'd expect nothing less from Goldie, and I expect so little. 

Now back to hockey. 

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If next season is like this season has been, there will be open calls for a change.

Are you the guy in the GOD FORKSAKEN Facebook group that claimed he was going to Berry's office to ask him in person to step down after we got swept by DU? LOL ;)

2 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

The UofM just "asked" Lindsey Wahlen to "step down" as HC of the bball program. Will that be how Berry's time end's at UND?

I hope not! That would mean some really bad times ahead. I’m hoping for him retiring on his terms with 6 more National Titles hanging in the rafters. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Um no. And I don't think that guy has the nerve to actually do it. :lol:

Oh, he's your typical keyboard warrior. I think most don't realize, Bubbs is a BIG dude lol. Plus, anyone who says that in a public setting, almost certainly isn't going to do it. It was so funny. What a clown.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Are you the guy in the GOD FORKSAKEN Facebook group that claimed he was going to Berry's office to ask him in person to step down after we got swept by DU? LOL ;)

I must have missed that claim but I don't follow it too much as that group is terrible...I'm all for being positive but when s&*T isn't going correctly its okay to call them out and god forbid you do it in that group. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

I must have missed that claim but I don't follow it too much as that group is terrible...I'm all for being positive but when s&*T isn't going correctly its okay to call them out and god forbid you do it in that group. 

I think he deleted it because he got ROASTED for it. Rightfully so lol.

I have no problem with people calling out poor play. Totally justified. I know the guy who created the group and when a different mod was deleting negative posts about the team, I was all over him for it. No need to censure opinion. Can't stand that crap. With that said, when a guy gloats how he's gonna confront Berry in person, that deserves a significant ragging and he got it lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is where I am at as well.

Ditto. I fear a bunch of young kids in the D-Corps, but hopefully we'll score enough to make up the difference. Need an immediate bump from a portal goalie and I really hope it's Persson.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Ditto. I fear a bunch of young kids in the D-Corps, but hopefully we'll score enough to make up the difference. Need an immediate bump from a portal goalie and I really hope it's Persson.

Agree with your assessment - however, taking a step back to look at our program, what does it say for our recruiting when for the third year in a row we will be depending on a portal goalie?  To me this is just a stunning turn of events - Third year in a row which doesn't make this a one time problem but a long term problem.  I don't know what's going on with recruiting but this should have been addressed long ago.  Staff needs to get it together.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Irish said:

Agree with your assessment - however, taking a step back to look at our program, what does it say for our recruiting when for the third year in a row we will be depending on a portal goalie?  To me this is just a stunning turn of events - Third year in a row which doesn't make this a one time problem but a long term problem.  I don't know what's going on with recruiting but this should have been addressed long ago.  Staff needs to get it together.  

I think maybe there's a sense that we can get away with it since the portal is there? Had we done it with a guy who could stay two years, would we like it better? I sure would.

I also see a concept of "win now" involved. Thinking of the past two years tendies we brought in, both had significant amount of NCAA games under their belt. With the premise that they could be the "final piece of the puzzle" maybe the coaches were thinking, we've got Hequist in a couple years, so let's try and go all in on a portal guy. DeRidder has performed well down the stretch, and I guess we've got a few games left and hopefully a fun run. But overall he's been a miss. I thought Driscoll was very good for most of the year. 

From what I'm seeing from his stats, I think Hequist comes in next year and we try and make him our No. 1 ASAP. With that said, I'd love to have another guy in the pipeline right now. 

5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Perhaps the staff thinks portal goalies are the way of the future.  Is it not common opinion that goalie development is longer term than F/D?

And frankly, a lot of the goalie recruits never reach their expected potential. I'm hoping we get a portal guy next season and groom Hequist. 

38 minutes ago, Irish said:

Agree this is super puzzling. Especially now that Karl is on the coaching staff. But even aside from Karl, it's my understanding that every competitive hockey team needs at least one, and preferably two, competent goalies. How is our goalie pipeline essentially non-existent? 

• Like 1

I seem to be in the minority as most mention the need of a portal goalie next year and I don’t see why we can’t bring in a good freshman tendy. There are a lot of good junior goalies out there playing a position with the least amount of future job opportunities open. A lot of Good goalies won’t have a place to play after juniors. UND’s current goalie situation and pipeline is definitely a head scratcher. Top 5 blue blood hockey program and we don’t have the most important position on the ice taken care of. Imagine Alabama football not having a future 5 star QB recruit in the pipeline. Crazy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish said:

You are correct. We used to have some of the best goalies in the nation and at times they were here together. How did we drop off so fast?

• Like 1