SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. DU

runaroundsioux

2 minutes ago, Bin said:

Consecutive wins over top 7 teams. Is this a good time to call for Berry's firing?

He has them playing good defense.  Two in a row where he's gotten us wins against better teams.  Now we just need to get some high end offensive talent in our rink. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, burd said:

Here's an example of us fans feeling good about the game because we won.  Denver more or less dominated the game for at least 40 minutes.  Had they won, we would have been complaining again how unprepared to play we were and how our recruiting sucks.  

Scheel was huge, and despite Shaw's mistake, our defense was very solid. 

This ^^^^^

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yup....just watched it.  Pulled the Kawaguchi cup check on the guy right at the end.....

Game misconduct....not game DQ.....or does it not matter because it was at the 20:00 mark?

Not a smart move either way, especially when you're already 4 players down.

47 minutes ago, burd said:

He has them playing good defense.  Two in a row where he's gotten us wins against better teams.  Now we just need to get some high end offensive talent in our rink. 

Nice, nice win tonight (didn't get to see it though, office Christmas party) but looking at the stats if we don't get more than 16 - 18 SOG tomorrow I think our chance of winning is at best 20%.  I realize we were up 3-0 an obviously in defensive mode but that's gotta improve tomorrow night if we're to have a chance.   

8 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Nice, nice win tonight (didn't get to see it though, office Christmas party) but looking at the stats if we don't get more than 16 - 18 SOG tomorrow I think our chance of winning is at best 20%.  I realize we were up 3-0 an obviously in defensive mode but that's gotta improve tomorrow night if we're to have a chance.   

This DU team could hang 5 or 6 on us with a few more bounces.

4 minutes ago, burd said:

This DU team could hang 5 or 6 on us with a few more bounces.

Psh, we could have hung another 3 in the first. We didn’t because of their goalie. Same reason they didn’t hang more on us, Scheel was a stud and has no business on the bench going forward. He has earned his starting role time and time again. Time that he retains it. Just the better more consistent goalie.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

You're right it's tough to complain after a win, but we all know that doesn't change the overall talent level of the forwards. Talent wise this is the least talented forward group UND has had in 20+ years. That being said, they are solid in net, have a good d-core and tonight found timely scoring. When healthy at forward, they can hopefully find some consistency. 

I don't think anyone thinks they outplayed Denver. The second game in a row, where I think they got the "breaks".

Sure, but they were really dang good in the defensive end. Denver didn't have a lot of grade As despite having a significant majority of the possession.

23 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sure, but they were really dang good in the defensive end. Denver didn't have a lot of grade As despite having a significant majority of the possession.

I am going to agree with @stoneySIOUX I didn't think that DU was the better team. At no time was UND in danger of losing this game. I thought it was a good win by UND tonight. With Nick Jones in the lineup, UND has won six games in a row. Without Jones, UND was 3-4. 

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So are there any ramifications from this penalty going into tomorrows game?

I'm not sure.  Got a game misconduct not a game DQ.  They mess around with the rules so much that I have no clue whether he has to sit for that tonight or not

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Jump up 2 spots in the Pairwise to #14...keep it going boys!

Starting in late January, they have 8 games in a row against UMD, SCSU, DU, and WMU.   Think of the PW move they can make during that stretch. 

7 hours ago, Goon said:

I am going to agree with @stoneySIOUX I didn't think that DU was the better team. At no time was UND in danger of losing this game. I thought it was a good win by UND tonight. With Nick Jones in the lineup, UND has won six games in a row. Without Jones, UND was 3-4. 

Jones is a difference maker on a team offensively challenged. IMO best 2 way forward on the team.....no offense to Rhett.