SiouxSports.com Forum

Who would UND hire?

F'n Hawks

4 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Randy Hedberg QB coach at NDSU.

with Klieman perhaps moving on, Randy and Bubba go way back 

As per his bio, looks like he has OC experience......at UND!!

https://gobison.com/staff.aspx?staff=333

'Hedberg was the offensive coordinator at Central Missouri (1990-95) and North Dakota (1996-98) in between head coaching jobs.'

6 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Randy Hedberg QB coach at NDSU.

with Klieman perhaps moving on, Randy and Bubba go way back 

If they hire Hedberg as the OC I don't think I could continue to watch and support the program.  Nice guy, but a terrible play caller.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

As per his bio, looks like he has OC experience......at UND!!

https://gobison.com/staff.aspx?staff=333

'Hedberg was the offensive coordinator at Central Missouri (1990-95) and North Dakota (1996-98) in between head coaching jobs.'

Yes Hedberg is from ND and at a very successful school, but he has zero to do with the implementation of their offense. He is simply there for recruiting since he played in the NFL and is from ND. There was an OC opening at NDSU like 2-3 years ago and they didn't even consider him for the job.

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This hurts me, but maybe you look at NSIC schools and cherry-pick key people.
Sioux Falls had the best rushing attack (O line coach?) and MSU-Mankato had the most efficient passing game (OC). 

I'm fine with it.  Mankato likely would've given UND all it could handle and then some for most of the past decade.

21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

!@#$ that. He’s a moron of an OC. Go ask Bison fans. He straight up lost them games with Carson freaking Wentz at qb.

The Bison were 40-5 in three years he was the s OC.  Couldn't have been too bad.  Either way he's not coming back to the FCS.  He is likely looking at advancing his career in the FBS.

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The Bison were 40-5 in three years he was the s OC.  Couldn't have been too bad.  Either way he's not coming back to the FCS.  He is likely looking at advancing his career in the FBS.

There are probably 50 OC's at D2-FCS level that could've ran that SU offense over the past 10 years and it wouldn't have skipped a beat.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BigGame said:

If they hire Hedberg as the OC I don't think I could continue to watch and support the program.  Nice guy, but a terrible play caller.  

I believe he was coaching at Minot St when Rudy played there. Could be wrong.....too lazy to check.

30 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I don’t care what his record was coaching with superior talent to his opponents. I watched more than enough of their games to know he sucked ass. Their fans were happy when he left. A good OC would have lost maybe 1 game.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I don’t care what his record was coaching with superior talent to his opponents. I watched more than enough of their games to know he sucked ass. Their fans were happy when he left. A good OC would have lost maybe 1 game.

The guy makes $400 large in Iowa City so it's a mute point.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Find a young D2 guy what's innovative, energetic, and motivated to advance, and give him a shot.  No lateral move or retread.   I'd much rather strike out or hit a home run opposed to a single.

This is the most realistic given the economics.  Give Hoffner a call about this guy:

https://msumavericks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=917&path=football

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nodak61 said:

Any chance to pull Brooks Bollinger into the mix for OC and QB coach?  Brooks used to hang around Memorial Stadium with his Dad when he coached.  Would have some ties to UND and would/should be an improved to the OC job?

Heard he's out of football.