SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 WEST REGIONAL - SCHEEL'S ARENA

Siouxman

• 1 month later...

I'm with you on this one, it's a no-brainer living in Fargo to attend.   it would really be unfortunate if UND isn't there, but I've resigned to the fact that if they don't make it, I'll be able to watch some quality NCAA Hockey and see some team punch their ticket for Buffalo.

For this reason I have been watching a lot more Pig 10 hockey as one of them may get to Fargo.  Chances are good if they make it that Denver, St. Cloud or Duluth will be seeded at Scheels; possibly even two teams if the seedings work out right for integrity.  Minnesota State or Bowling Green could get here too. I'm still not sold on Arizona State making the tournament but if they go, that would be a neat story.

Or.....UND goes from 20-something in Pairwise and gets an automatic berth by winning the NCHC Froze-Your-Faceoff and we'll all worry what all the fuss was about.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Still plan on going to the regional. I will pick a team and go for it. Plan on making a few friends and enjoy their excitement for the games.

This is basically what we'll be doing.  We do it at the Frozen Four each year, too.  Great to talk to fans from other parts of the country and hear about how much they love their boys (or are mad at them, if their team isn't in attendance).

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:31 AM, LadyDy said:

Does anyone want to purchase tickets for the West Regional?   I have 6 packages.....

OK, I’ll bite if you throw in a hotel room for the weekend and two pies from Pizza Patrol.  

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Most likely Fargo regional:

SCSU vs AIC
Ohio State vs DU

This is first year I can remember where they literally do not have to do anything to the draw as it naturally lays out without any conference matchups and true seeded matchups...but I am sure the committee will have us hold there beer for a little bit anyway

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

This is first year I can remember where they literally do not have to do anything to the draw as it naturally lays out without any conference matchups and true seeded matchups...but I am sure the committee will have us hold there beer for a little bit anyway

They will find a way to put Providence in Providence.

11 hours ago, petey23 said:

I’d still swap ASU and OSU putting OSU where it could help Allentown numbers. 

2019 NCAA Division I men’s hockey tournament

19_MIH_D1_FrozenFour_FC_72.jpg?resize=30Locations, dates:

Selection show: March 24, 7 p.m. EDT (ESPNU)

Northeast Regional: SNHU Arena, Manchester, N.H., March 29-30

West Regional: Scheels Arena, Fargo, N.D., March 29-30

East Regional: Dunkin’ Donuts Center, Providence, R.I., March 30-31

Midwest Regional: PPL Center, Allentown, Pa., March 30-31

Frozen Four: Key Bank Center, Buffalo, N.Y., April 11 and 13

Qualifying teams: Six automatic qualifiers, 10 at-large bids

Format: Teams are split into four regions of four teams each. In the first round, a region’s No. 1 seed meets the region’s No. 4 seed, and No. 2 plays No. 3. Winners play in the regional final for the right to advance to the Frozen Four. All rounds single elimination. More: NCAA Division I men’s tournament selection process

Edited by BarnWinterSportsEngelstad
I posted this info before NCAA Tourney thread was created. Mods it could get moved to there.

I have tickets. Might sell if the opportunity arose but will probably be going - at least Friday. Actually kind of looking forward to it. Who to go for? Underdogs if the game stays close. Maybe go for the best band. Best cheerleaders?? 

Plan on talking to the folks and representing UND and Fargo. Will be thanking those who invested in their time to attend. 

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I have tickets. Might sell if the opportunity arose but will probably be going - at least Friday. Actually kind of looking forward to it. Who to go for? Underdogs if the game stays close. Maybe go for the best band. Best cheerleaders?? 

Plan on talking to the folks and representing UND and Fargo. Will be thanking those who invested in their time to attend. 

Well, not St. Cloud then.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

If American International hung with St Cloud into the 3rd period I think I would be hoping for the upset.

St Cloud has been to the NCAA Tournament 12 years.  Have lost in the first round 8 of those 12 games.  1 Frozen Four, and an NCAA playoff record of 5-12.  Hasn't been pretty (minus the Frozen Four year of 2013).  I think anything short of a National Championship this year for the Huskies would be a disappointment given the year they have had.

12 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

St Cloud has been to the NCAA Tournament 12 years.  Have lost in the first round 8 of those 12 games.  1 Frozen Four, and an NCAA playoff record of 5-12.  Hasn't been pretty (minus the Frozen Four year of 2013).  I think anything short of a National Championship this year for the Huskies would be a disappointment given the year they have had.

Wow - thanks for the input about St Cloud. It will be in the back of their minds if the game is close late.