SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

SWSiouxMN

UND womens basketball is need of serious fixing if going to compete in the Summit conference.  I look at where we are now and where we were 4 to 5 years ago we have gone backwards on talent we put on the floor. We do have talent on the front line but in the back court we do not have once we had. I look at when UND went to the NCAA tournament we had talent in the back court to win but most of that talent was recruited by Roebuck. I look back then we had Madi Buck shooting guard and quick enough bigger guard to guard people like SDSU had last night. We also had Szabla, Dyer, Burck, and Knox where we had girls that could hit the open shot as well as play good defense and were quick enough to stay with people. I look at this year team we have nobody in the guard position that you could look to take a outside shot from three on consistent basis and offensively we are weak from the guard position. Second overall guard speed is not what it should be and I don't know if we could use different schemes of defense to cover up some of these weaknesses. Also it seems that some players are not getting more playing time that have more upside potential than who's on the court.

To fix this problem we need to be looking for quicker and stronger guards to play defense but also that can provide offense from the outside. Also we have offense that is so center around klabo that we get nothing out of other people. I look at SDSU tonight they were getting offense from several people much harder to defend and also makes for much more team orientated offense. Brewster is going to have too adapt if he wants to win this conference and also he needs to get where you see his players are having more fun on the court. I just don't see it much and I truly believe you need that chemistry of players where they look like they are having fun and have confidence that even if make a mistake there not in dog house and removed from the game. 

I see us finishing probably around 4 in the conference at year end and we will not get very far in the conference tournament just don's see how we make a run with this team. I not sure what we all have recruited for next year but they better be looking for outstanding guard that can make impact right away next year.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, darell1976 said:

And vice versa as Jones’ team leaves the court with another loss. Both coaches are not having good years. It will be a photo finish to .500. 

Looks like neither basketball team at UND and NDSU is worth squat right now. Could be some heads rolling at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Wow. You just want everyone fired. Interesting that with your brilliance you aren't in a position to make that happen. 

Which of our head coaches has done a damn thing lately?  It's been two years of straight sh*t across the board....

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Which of our head coaches has done a damn thing lately?  It's been two years of straight sh*t across the board....

Let's see, 2016 National Championship in hockey. Big Sky Championship in fb, vb, mbb, wbb (2016-17 season). 

I guess if your time frame is "two years". What I see on here is the same 10 guys calling for everyone's head whenever things don't go their way.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Let's see, 2016 National Championship in hockey. Big Sky Championship in fb, vb, mbb, wbb (2016-17 season). 

I guess if your time frame is "two years". What I see on here is the same 10 guys calling for everyone's head whenever things don't go their way.

Two seasons, dumb---.  Last year and this year.  Two.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

And then the expected name calling. Because, you know, if you're not for firing every coach you must be a dumb---- . 

UND rarely fires anybody, which is why we have this happen.  I personally don't care about hockey but the basketball programs are stagnant and I am bored with both of them.  I watch almost every game hoping for anything.

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Nail in Brew's coffin? 

What? Are you kidding? Didn't you get the memo that its "all about teaching life lessons" and "all about the relationships". After all, this is no different than high school, right? (sarcasm) :silly: :(:angry:

Chaves picked one heck of a time to take over this athletic department. #darkdaysreturn

17 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

What is Brew contract situation anyways?

Since Brewster's in his seventh year and four-year contracts upon hiring and four-year extensions were common when Faison was here, I'm guessing he has one more year left on his current contract. But that's just a guess. For whatever reason, it appears there was nothing or almost nothing reported in the media when he got an extension, as I've been unable to find anything online about it.