SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

SWSiouxMN

Northern Iowa game Und ahead after first quarter. Und would be big trouble without Klabo providing most of the offense. Other girls for most part putting up bricks. I don't see where were better with this group of players than last year. Freije would have given them another source of offense this is going to be bad when we get into conference play.

Und loose by 4 to Northern Iowa and Und was in foul trouble all of the second half with Reinke, Morton, and Orth falling out with Strand and Klabo with 4 fouls also not sure what everyone else had. Und again struggling to get offense going has been weakness again this year. Und needs to look at doing something about offense because shots they are generating are not one they are capable of scoring from.  After this year and loosing Klabo  how they are going to generate offense couple of these girls I believe can become good players if put in the right system but I don't see that happening.

3 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

We lost to UNI by 4 tonight.  I don't complain about refereeing often and there were MANY questionable calls tonight.  A total of 31 fouls were called on us. 

That's my #1 pet peeve with basketball (besides the last 3 min taking 20 min in a close game) unless you're head and shoulders above another team good luck trying to win a non-conf game on the road.  I say that as at least in a conf game on the road the refs are from the conf of both schools but I believe when they're non-conf games normally the refs are from the conf of the home team.  If that's not right (after all, UND men did win at Milwaukee earlier this season) then I stand corrected. 

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Another clunker on display for the kids this morning.  10-8 after 1 quarter.  

This team is so blah.  

Walstad used to be our neighbor until her family moved to MSP. She's a player.

UGH.  Even Klabo can't score today.  This team has 10 girls that cannot score and just pass it back and forth to each other.  

Their leading scorers for the season average the following....22-8-6-5-4.  Really?  They don't even have two people that average double digits.  That is straight recruiting.

Seems Brewster’s game plan is get the ball to Klabo, the problem with that is when we don’t have ANY other scoring threats they can collapse on Klabo and not worry about anyone else. The coaches NEED to have shooters other than the inside girl! We also don’t seem to know how to follow our shots or rebound on offense at all! We NEVER have anyone under that basket to clean up when we miss. 

On 12/4/2018 at 9:20 PM, UND1983 said:

It appears the four North Dakota D1 Basketball teams all suck again this year.

What are you guys' opinions of Brewster and Walseth?

Brewster has had a few successful years in the Big Sky, but what do you guys think about his coaching/ recruiting/ future at UND?

Walseth has not done well at all, and this year looks even worse than most.  If they retain her after this year, could it be said that they have basically given up on WBB?

The thing that puzzles me about that is the fact that both UND and NDSU have been dominant programs in the past, and I assume there are some fans that still have some high expectations for your women's teams.  No offense meant by any of this, I just wonder where you guys think those two coaches are sitting, with regard to the hot seat.  Also, The Summit needs more strong teams, and I think your two programs are certainly capable of filling that void.

Brewster I would think is on the hot seat. All of our teams are in trouble except volleyball and hockey (I don’t think Berry is on the hot seat). Chaves I am sure has a priority list of coaches to hack as this school needs to start winning in all sports. 

• Upvote 3

No Offense taken, but Don’t take the bait from Kiyoat, Stay in your neck of the woods and enjoy your success, you have earned it!  You have nice teams.... With that said, Brewster started his 7th year this year, lets look at few of his stats...

2 Conference Championships

2 Coach of the years

4 top 5 finishes in the Big Sky

1 NCAA tournament berth

1 WNIT berth 

2 WBI Berths

4 straight Postseason births..IF my research is right, no other Big Sky team made a run like that when we were in that conference, consecutive postseason births i mean. 

WIth all that said, I was at the game today, and yes we struggled to make plays besides klabo.  But if you really watch, I saw that Brew gets his players the right OPEN shots, they just need to step up and knock them down to loosen it up the D on Lexi.   I’m for sure no expert and not saying anyone is wrong, just trying to think objectively, rather than with emotion.  And I think that Brew is a good Coach and loves UND.  If anyone will fight to get this right, he will!  

Side note - A lot of fun seeing all the kids at the game, great idea there!! 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, RogerRoger12 said:

No Offense taken, but Don’t take the bait from Kiyoat, Stay in your neck of the woods and enjoy your success, you have earned it!  You have nice teams.... With that said, Brewster started his 7th year this year, lets look at few of his stats...

2 Conference Championships

2 Coach of the years

4 top 5 finishes in the Big Sky

1 NCAA tournament berth

1 WNIT berth 

2 WBI Berths

4 straight Postseason births..IF my research is right, no other Big Sky team made a run like that when we were in that conference, consecutive postseason births i mean. 

WIth all that said, I was at the game today, and yes we struggled to make plays besides klabo.  But if you really watch, I saw that Brew gets his players the right OPEN shots, they just need to step up and knock them down to loosen it up the D on Lexi.   I’m for sure no expert and not saying anyone is wrong, just trying to think objectively, rather than with emotion.  And I think that Brew is a good Coach and loves UND.  If anyone will fight to get this right, he will!  

Side note - A lot of fun seeing all the kids at the game, great idea there!! 

Don’t tell this to Cratter his head (and keyboard) will explode.