SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

54 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You can get a general idea on what the balance of the reserve fund is by looking at the tax returns.

Right.  I'm trying to figure out how or if the operating agreement dictates, in any way, the necessary reserve balance for the REA - how is the target balance calculated?  For instance, is there a formula, or are there any rules and guidelines, and what are they? 

The ribbon led screen around the 3rd row has had problems for 2 years. It displays a pink color when it is supposed to display white over the student section side.  I am assuming they wanted to update that led screen the same time as the scoreboard, so it makes sense that this is scoreboard is being updated

16 hours ago, dakotadan said:

Why is it so hard for so many to see that a healthy athletic department is very good for the overall University. And in order to have a healthy athletic department we need all of our main spectator sports to be maintaining a consistent/regular level of success. It's not an either/or situation. As long as this bickering at the fan level and financial divide at the administrative level continues UND will not be able to reach its potential. 

Either way, will be interesting to see if this is actually true. If they are buying new 3.8MM video boards they better be crystal #@&+)$ clear and include an ice projection system that'll blow everyone's underwear off. 

It is true. It will be installed next year. Not sure on the cost accuracy.

17 hours ago, dakotadan said:

Why is it so hard for so many to see that a healthy athletic department is very good for the overall University. And in order to have a healthy athletic department we need all of our main spectator sports to be maintaining a consistent/regular level of success. It's not an either/or situation. As long as this bickering at the fan level and financial divide at the administrative level continues UND will not be able to reach its potential.

Careful or you'll be accused of "hating hockey" (sarcasm) :silly:

• Upvote 2

My friend is not a hockey hater but he wonders why can't the football team afford knee braces but the hockey arena gets a new scoreboard? Is it because The Ralph is privately owned and the money for upgrades comes from a private source whereas knee braces would have to come from UND's football budget? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

My friend is not a hockey hater but he wonders why can't the football team afford knee braces but the hockey arena gets a new scoreboard? Is it because The Ralph is privately owned and the money for upgrades comes from a private source whereas knee braces would have to come from UND's football budget? 

UND football can afford knee braces.  They want to give the donors something tangible they can look at and say "hey I helped pay for those."

As for the REA scoreboard, it's paid for with REA money pilfered from UND.  UND has no say in how the money is spent after the REA takes it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

UND football can afford knee braces.  They want to give the donors something tangible they can look at and say "hey I helped pay for those."

As for the REA scoreboard, it's paid for with REA money pilfered from UND.  UND has no say in how the money is spent after the REA takes it.

Let's get the POTUS to get a better deal done.

#USMCA

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

He forgot to send free pizzas to the Herald every week since his hiring date.  Allowed KEM to run the narrative for cheap.

A simple rule to live by: You get what you pay for.

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Image result for bruise on the leg miracle gif