SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

4 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Understand the power of a dollar here, I do not care how the current lease or agreement is written. Contracts can ALWAYS be renegotiated, especially when HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars are involved. Rea/Kem and even UND have at least *roughly, 12 years to devise, plan and strategize a new contract.. or not.  But most likely, some sort of renegotiation will happen, and I just do not beleive UND will get the Ralph. Maybe I'll be wrong. But that's my belief..

Take your own advice and understand the power of the dollar. UND has all the leverage come 2030. They may renegotiate with the REA but I can guarantee that it won’t benefit the Engelstad foundation. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Understand the power of a dollar here, I do not care how the current lease or agreement is written. Contracts can ALWAYS be renegotiated, especially when HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars are involved. Rea/Kem and even UND have at least *roughly, 12 years to devise, plan and strategize a new contract.. or not.  But most likely, some sort of renegotiation will happen, and I just do not beleive UND will get the Ralph. Maybe I'll be wrong. But that's my belief..

IF a lease is renegoitiated, the only leverage miss Garry will a say in will be what beer is sold in the concessions.