SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

6 hours ago, sioux rube said:

The Lumberdome is the first indoor rink in the state. 

A WPA project, I believe.  The smell of that rink, like all cold air wood rinks, in winter is unique and something that is difficult to recall but instantly familiar when you go back.  I can still  hear the sqeaky pulley on the door from the warming room out to the home side of the ice. 

A lot of the rinks in the small wheat towns over the border in Manitoba were built just like it, except they generally had a curling rink along side.  I always thought the curling rinks looked like baby whales along side their big  round mothers. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wow, already?  Glad to see more college teams popping up in the state. 

They are also having a ACHA Division 2 team for next season. Why I don’t know. Seems strange but it does bring in student/athletes I guess 

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Since UND isn't in the tournament.

I will cheer for Mankato and the Purple Cows.

Go Purple Cows!

I'm all in on AIC. When I saw Mankato at UND, I thought they were the best team in the country. Them and Clown are a toss up, for me. Definitely cheering for Mankato.

2 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Without my favorite team in the running I always go for the underdog, but I do like to pick a winner.  Combine that with the ideal in my head that I would like a prize to be won by someone deserving and not having won before and Clown College it is.....  8>1

I actually picked Quinnipiac over UMass in the bracket. Not sure why, just a hunch? haha

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm all in on AIC. When I saw Mankato at UND, I thought they were the best team in the country. Them and Clown are a toss up, for me. Definitely cheering for Mankato.

I'm with you guys, I figure the Moos or Clowns are due to win because of karma for all the shots I've taken at them over the years. Anybody but Daloot or Denver really is ok though.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jodcon said:

I'm with you guys, I figure the Moos or Clowns are due to win because of karma for all the shots I've taken at them over the years. Anybody but Daloot or Denver really is ok though.

Anyone but Denver, IMO. Duluth has two. Meh haha.

I am wishing for a St Cloud win. (not all that confident given their history, but maybe all they needed was a different coach) Four different NCHC teams, four years in a row - would be great for conference recruiting and overall competitiveness.

Edit: Mankato would be a good outcome too.

Just now, farce poobah said:

I am wishing for a St Cloud win. (not all that confident given their history, but maybe all they needed was a different coach) Four different NCHC teams, four years in a row - would be great for conference recruiting and overall competitiveness.

I don't know if we could tolerate their insufferable fan base. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Edit: Mankato would be a good outcome too.

Agree.  St. Cloud wining would be a just outcome. For the past several years, they have earned it on the ice.