SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Tonight’s announced attendance for the Duluth/DU game was 9,000. Okay, sure.....

One ticket today was for both games (stamped your hand if you wanted to come back after leaving the first game).

Paid attendance was 9,500 for today.

Which seems reasonable: three to four thousand per game and three thousand no shows (UND presales)?

Presale pics on SiouxSports of the X also showed about that many tickets sold before the games.

Buddy of mine in the cities went and he said MAYBE.....MAYBE 5,000 total butts in seats.....

NCHC will take a hit with this.  Is the solution to go the way of other conferences with one game playoffs at home venues after quarters?  

I member an amazing college hockey postseason tournament once in St. Paul.....a three day festival of beer, hockey, Allarys, Tom Reid's burgers, and 2 AM breakfast at that place that Charlie Conway's mom worked.....sigh.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Buddy of mine in the cities went and he said MAYBE.....MAYBE 5,000 total butts in seats.....

NCHC will take a hit with this.  Is the solution to go the way of other conferences with one game playoffs at home venues after quarters?  

I member an amazing college hockey postseason tournament once in St. Paul.....a three day festival of beer, hockey, Allarys, Tom Reid's burgers, and 2 AM breakfast at that place that Charlie Conway's mom worked.....sigh.....

Those were the days.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Embassy Suites to Alarys to the X(Suite or Club Level) to McGoverns, Reid's, The Liffy, and The Eagle to the street car diner or Jimmy John's...rinse, repeat.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I remember an amazing college hockey postseason tournament once in St. Paul.....a three day festival of beer, hockey, Allarys, Tom Reid's burgers, and 2 AM breakfast at that place that Charlie Conway's mom worked...

ESPN 30 for 30:  Requiem for the WCHA.

What if I told you...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think Fenton has said the league has made money each year and are basically stashing some for this scenario. League should be fine and be able to stand pat for a while.