SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

43 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

I know some may not be a fan of this thinking, but I’d still like to see NCHC win the natty this year. Idc who just keep it in conference and keep our league tops in the country. 

I usually cheer for the NCHC or WCHA. Which has historically just meant the NCHC

I knew I made the right choice rooting for Duluth last night when, in the late stages of the first overtime, a St. Cloud fan was in such a hurry to get back to the game, he runs by me in the concourse, gets to the stairs leading down to the seats, and cuts in front of another guy who was waiting for a stoppage in play. The guy rightfully said something and this St. Cloud guy started giving him attitude. I thought a fight might break out. Nonetheless, I hope that St. Cloud guy got an unobstructed bird eye view of the game winning goal in the second overtime!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dden3 said:

Different level of hockey played last night by Duluth and St Cloud than North Dakota the past few seasons. Duluth looks like old tyme Sioux hockey. 

It seems as if their "culture" is a bit different than ours.  Good intense hockey last night. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Clark17 said:

How are the regional pairings at the frozen 4 determined? I assume it’s a rotation from year to year?  From what I could find it looks like west and mw are on the same side meaning SCSU n UMD can only meet in the semis.  

And all NCHC teams on the same side too.  

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It seems as if their "culture" is a bit different than ours.  Good intense hockey last night. 

Simmer down, Wilbur.  Poolman says the boys are gonna try really hard to finish in the top half of the conference next season.  

27 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

How are the regional pairings at the frozen 4 determined? I assume it’s a rotation from year to year?  From what I could find it looks like west and mw are on the same side meaning SCSU n UMD can only meet in the semis.  

The region with the #1 overall seed plays the region with the #4 overall seed.

13 minutes ago, keikla said:

It would be good to keep the championship in the NCHC (except for Denver), but I have to say that I'm definitely rooting for AIC.  Do I think they have a legitimate shot?  Nope.  But I think they have long been the forgotten team of college hockey.  It's one hell of a cinderella story just for that team to make the tourney.

AF41567D-410E-466E-BCF1-A3FA6A58BFFF.jpeg