SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

41 minutes ago, cberkas said:

There's Colorado College's National Title.

Seriously, the way CC celebrated at the end, you would’ve thought they won the natty! We have been the little kid brother to DU for six consecutive seasons so this was incredibly gratifying. The Gold Pan comes back to Colorado Springs! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

So Leclerc wins NCHC goalie of the week.....again....

UND going to Denver. 

Losing that game at home in the final seconds of OT against Denver is the difference between UND hosting the series rather than Denver.  Would have helped immensely in the pairwise as well.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda, I guess it’s time to change the outcome on the ice!

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Losing that game at home in the final seconds of OT against Denver is the difference between UND hosting the series rather than Denver.  Would have helped immensely in the pairwise as well.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda, I guess it’s time to change the outcome on the ice!

Blowing that two goal Saturday lead in Omaha still kills me.....Could have buried them in the second period.....let them stick around.....no points.....

If the boys don't pull off some magic and get in,  I'll pull for Cloud.  They've fielded some dam good hockey teams in recent years, particularly this year, and deserve a banner, IMO.  Also want to keep it in the conference. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Canisius.  Effing.  College.

The Griffs stayed alive last night!  Big OT win last night gives them another day at the rink today in Niagara.

They win another 9 games in a row and they'll win that Championship you think they can't win. 

1 hour ago, burd said:

If the boys don't pull off some magic and get in,  I'll pull for Cloud.  They've fielded some dam good hockey teams in recent years, particularly this year, and deserve a banner, IMO.  Also want to keep it in the conference. 

I might be with you, @burd

Bonus points as it would mean that both UMD and St Cloud State will have compleyely eclipsed Minnesota as the premier college programs in the state.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Canisius’ season has come to an end today, losing 2-1 to Niagra. 

One goal away from a possible national championship run.....

Bucky had its season ended by Penn State moments ago.  Believe now Goldy goes to Happy Valley. 

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Bucky had its season ended by Penn State moments ago.  Believe now Goldy goes to Happy Valley. 

Gophs head to Notre Dame and Penn State heads to Columbus

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Nope.  Goldy’s still en route to South Bend.  Penn State is off to Columbus.  

Even worse, the Womens Frozen Faceoff was a bigger draw.  Not only did the 2 games the Gopher women played in have a higher attendance (2,611 and 2,452) but the Ohio St v Wisonsin game had 2,658 in attendance.  

Sure the Gophers are getting Mr. Hockey from this year and some of the best high school players in the state from Edina, EP, Blaine, etc.  But man, that attendance can't help recruiting.  It was convenient to blame attendance for B1G playoff games on having to play in Detroit.  But the attendance issues have to be causing issues among B1G schools, not only in just recruiting.  

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The results are in......Gopher hockey fans don’t exist!!

49B7FF42-3A50-4553-8443-5750267AD1E8.jpeg

Pretty sad, not good for collegiate hockey. Two storied programs in Mich & MN that go a long way back, when I was in college we played them both every year.

Of note, a personal thing,  it's always nice to hear Michigan has been eliminated form the NCAA's, being they have 9.

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The results are in......Gopher hockey fans don’t exist!!

49B7FF42-3A50-4553-8443-5750267AD1E8.jpeg

The new argument now by one of their fans on Twitter is they average 8,500 of paid attendance. Even though there’s not 8,500 at the games.

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

The new argument now by one of their fans on Twitter is they average 8,500 of paid attendance. Even though there’s not 8,500 at the games.

The whiners on stoolND was that it’s unfair to judge because the state tourney was going on at the same time. So high school hockey is a bigger deal than college hockey in MN, wow. If UND can have decent attendance with Dierks playing across town in a city of grand forks size there is no excuse for the gophers. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The whiners on stoolND was that it’s unfair to judge because the state tourney was going on at the same time. So high school hockey is a bigger deal than college hockey in MN, wow. If UND can have decent attendance with Dierks playing across town in a city of grand forks size there is no excuse for the gophers. 

And a snow storm that closed roads. I know it stopped me from going to the ND Winter Show on Saturday.

Watched a little of Saturday's SCSU-UMD tilt...As they panned over the Huskies student section a fan held up a sign that said, 

"Bruce Ciskie Likes to Wear Male Rompers".   

Apparently no love lost between the Husky fans and the Duluth sportscaster.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The high school tournament has drawn damn near sellout crowds at the Xcel for as long as I can remember.  The class AA night sessions are always packed to the rafters.