SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

So....SCSU vs. CC, and Denver vs. Duluth.  

How much is the NCHC gonna lose on this one?  

What I meant to say is will there be enough tickets for Denver fans?

I'll be happy to take someone's ticket package off of them for $5 and a Bloody Mary at the Hoggsbreath this weekend.  

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Can Blasi recruit?
Can Blasi coach special teams? 
I hear he's looking for work ... 

Would it be beyond the realm of possibility that Blasi take an Assistant or Associate coaching position? After all, you see that all the time with coaches in the NFL and other leagues. 

7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Would it be beyond the realm of possibility that Blasi take an Assistant or Associate coaching position? After all, you see that all the time with coaches in the NFL and other leagues. 

Former UAA head coach Dave Shyiak is working for Andy Murray at WMU. 

Former UAA head coach John Hill left to be an assistant under Don Lucia at the Ugly Truss.  

Short answer: Far from impossible. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Opposing fans never made up more than 500-1000 of the 10,000 plus that used to attend gopher hockey games.  I attended enough to know. 

I attended enough to know as well and while true for most former WCHA teams, North Dakota often brought well more than 500-1,000 fans to 3M at Mariucci Arena.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I attended enough to know as well and while true for most former WCHA teams, North Dakota often brought well more than 500-1,000 fans to 3M at Mariucci Arena.

True 2K maybe, always was hard to tell, but we were all over that place!  That was a high demand ticket for both fanbases.

My point was that opposing fans not being at 1.5K at Mariucci Arena isn't the problem.  NCHC schools seem to be doing relatively well, attendance wise, without the almighty UMN coming to their barns.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:06 AM, ChrisUND1 said:

Opposing fans never made up more than 500-1000 of the 10,000 plus that used to attend gopher hockey games.  I attended enough to know.  If anything, it's the exact opposite of what you wrote.  Gopher fans loved seeing the UNDs, UMDs, SCSUs, etc. and showed up in droves to cheer against these rivals.  That building used to rock when they scored against UND, their true fiercest rival.

QFT, expect for the number of opposing fans when UND is there. As Mafia said, UND definitely gets a couple thousand fans into Mariucci.

• Upvote 1