SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

17 hours ago, cberkas said:

So St. Cloud is stuck at a jail.

I don't know way they didn't take 29 to 94.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/st-cloud-state-hockey-team-stuck-in-minnesota-county-jail-because-of-blizzard

Reminds me of the time I went to the outdoor game. Took me two days to back to Grand Forks with a stay in Sioux Falls and Watertown. 

On 2/24/2019 at 10:54 PM, cberkas said:

St. Cloud got stuck on the way home so they ate at a county jail.

Schuldt should take note because that's where he should have been after his cheap shot on Mismash.  Hopefully the Huskies didn't have to spend to much time in general population. :)

CC came out flat and unprepared from the hop. I won’t pin this loss on Wilkie but man, he had a bad game. From his interference penalty a minute and a half in to his turnovers, it was not a good night for him but other than Alex Leclerc making some big saves, nobody for CC looked good. 

DU and WMU are currently close for 4th place in the NCHC. 
Whom ever claims that spot is likely where UND will travel to for the first round of the NCHC playoffs.

Not only is DU 4th in the NCHC, but also 4th in the nation.

Playing DU instead of WMU gives UND a opportunity to pull off the upset (how ever rare that might be) and move up in the rankings.

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Whom ever claims that spot is likely where UND will travel to for the first round of the NCHC playoffs.

Playing DU instead of WMU gives UND a opportunity to pull off the upset (how ever rare that might be) and move up in the rankings.

Agreed...I think we need DU to keep winning and then we pull off an upset in Denver to get to the Frozen Faceoff.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Cratter said:

30 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed...I think we need DU to keep winning and then we pull off an upset in Denver to get to the Frozen Faceoff.

It wouldn't matter much which team we beat (Denver or W Mich), what's most important is that the teams immediately above us in the Pairwise lose as we win, so we can move above them.

Arizona State plays a series against Minnesota this weekend.  With no conference tournament to play for, their next game after March 2nd will be March 29th or 30th.  Having rest before the NCAA's is necessarily a bad thing. Wondering how 3 weekends off between games will affect this team.  Especially considering it is their first ever NCAA appearance as a program.

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Arizona State plays a series against Minnesota this weekend.  With no conference tournament to play for, their next game after March 2nd will be March 29th or 30th.  Having rest before the NCAA's is necessarily a bad thing. Wondering how 3 weekends off between games will affect this team.  Especially considering it is their first ever NCAA appearance as a program.

Three words:  one and done.