SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

9 hours ago, John W. said:

About a block away....Gopher women BB opened BIG season against Wisconsin

:D  Yes, that's got to be it.  All the hockey fans decided to go watch women's Bball instead.  I guess it makes sense if they want to watch a winner...is the UMN women's bball team any good?

8 hours ago, John W. said:

that's a prime reason..they left UND high and dry for BIG hockey....

I'm not sure any of the B10 teams left anyone "high and dry", let alone a team that is now in the NCHC.
How many titles has the B10 won since their inception compared to the rest of the leagues?  :)

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

:D  Yes, that's got to be it.  All the hockey fans decided to go watch women's Bball instead.  I guess it makes sense if they want to watch a winner...is the UMN women's bball team any good?

They are undefeated and ranked in the top 15.  Lindsey's got them playing well.

58 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Final from a packed Mariucci tonight:  Ferris 3, Minnesota 2.

I know it nicks our strength of schedule but that was still fun to watch.

Maybe Minnesota should steal SCSU's head coach again .... might work eventually.

Interesting tidbit from the BTN booth during the game:  

BOTH of Minnesota’s goalies would be starters for 50 other NCAA programs if they played somewhere else.  

18 hours ago, John W. said:

About a block away....Gopher women BB opened BIG season against Wisconsin...8,000 attendance...Next years Gopher Classic hockey tourney for men has been set...UM, Bemidji , St. Cloud, and Mankato....Gophers biggest instate rival, UMD not included next year....fact is UND needs MN ....as a rival...more than  MN needs UND....

Huh???  Yeah, attendance has just plummeted for UND hockey while it's gone thru the roof for the Goofers since they and Wisco went to the b10 conf and UND formed the NCHC.  Bartender, I'll have what he's having!

20 hours ago, John W. said:

About a block away....Gopher women BB opened BIG season against Wisconsin...8,000 attendance...Next years Gopher Classic hockey tourney for men has been set...UM, Bemidji , St. Cloud, and Mankato....Gophers biggest instate rival, UMD not included next year....fact is UND needs MN ....as a rival...more than  MN needs UND....

1) show how Gophers are faltering/less relevant

2) point out that UND needs them more than vice versa 

Not sure how those two add up. Please donate your brain to science when you pass away.

You. Sioux -sie. Sniffers are funny....no logic to your arguments....just  character assassination...As I said....BTN  is why Gophers left...television, not tickets sold ,is the future....Kids wanna play on TV....on a regional/national  stage...not just before a few thousand in  an arena....All  Gopher sports benefit from BTN $$$$$$.... One  correct rational response...Gopher  WBB is # 12 in the nation....Both of Lindsay  Whalen's parents are GFC grads, but  escaped ND for economic prosperity in MN...... 

• Downvote 2

17 hours ago, John W. said:

You. Sioux -sie. Sniffers are funny....no logic to your arguments....just  character assassination...As I said....BTN  is why Gophers left...television, not tickets sold ,is the future....Kids wanna play on TV....on a regional/national  stage...not just before a few thousand in  an arena....All  Gopher sports benefit from BTN $$$$$$.... One  correct rational response...Gopher  WBB is # 12 in the nation....Both of Lindsay  Whalen's parents are GFC grads, but  escaped ND for economic prosperity in MN...... 

I’ve cracked the case, Scooby...John W is really DaveK’s twin brother.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, John W. said:

Simple question, why are you here? No really? It' appears here to do nothing but stir the pot and cause problems. 

No "Troll" posts. Posts whose sole purpose is to taunt or generate anger are not allowed. Such judgments will be made at the sole discretion of the moderating staff.

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I’be cracked the case, Scooby...John W is really DaveK’s twin brother.

Our good buddy DaveK was in favor of the Fighting Sioux nickname, this guy doesn't seem to be. 

10 hours ago, Goon said:

Simple question, why are you here? No really? It' appears here to do nothing but stir the pot and cause problems. 

Our good buddy DaveK was in favor of the Fighting Sioux nickname, this guy doesn't seem to be. 

That's because he made his way to the site in his douche canoe!

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, John W. said:

I comment positively on Fighting Hawk teams....WBB had a great first Summit. League win....I react negatively to overbearing arrogance...

FYI...for those attacking my character....I'm glad I'm a millionaire , rather than a millennial..That's a fact, Jack...

Gotta be old--trying to impress us by calling himself a millionaire.   :D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, John W. said:

Yep ...74... And  proud to be a Viet Nam era vet....hopefully you can feel good about yourself some day....

So financially, you have the bare minimum to retire.  Congrats.....?  Most people with mineral rights in ND are multi-millionaires.

Also, regarding using vet status as some sort of defense mechanism:

• Upvote 1