SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

4 hours ago, John W. said:

Yep ...74... And  proud to be a Viet Nam era vet....hopefully you can feel good about yourself some day....

Bragging about modestly mediocre money at ...74 no less..... and postflexing about vetran status is pathetic and doubtfull at worst.... at best its cringey AF..... as the kids say.

Almost every farmer, rancher, rights holder, business owner, and many retiree can claim millionaire-on-paper-status in ND, kinda like bragging about your star wars lego collection at legoland.

Personally I lose a lot of respect when other vets play the vet card for such pathetic validation. Have some self respect, service speaks volumes when it doesnt have to be spoken of.

Reminds me a story of the time some asshat cam into the hardware store i was working at some decades ago...  he left his toolbox on the top of his truck and drove away, fell off, backed up and drove over it... came in claiming it was defective... should have stood up... demanded a new one. When he was politely declined... he left came back in with a leather vetrans vest on a vetran hat and a cane.... threw the biggest stink ive ever seen in a retail setting threw the toolbox at me.  

Moral of story = was not a vet. 

On 12/30/2018 at 5:15 AM, John W. said:

You. Sioux -sie. Sniffers are funny....no logic to your arguments....just  character assassination...As I said....BTN  is why Gophers left...television, not tickets sold ,is the future....Kids wanna play on TV....on a regional/national  stage...not just before a few thousand in  an arena....All  Gopher sports benefit from BTN $$$$$$.... One  correct rational response...Gopher  WBB is # 12 in the nation....Both of Lindsay  Whalen's parents are GFC grads, but  escaped ND for economic prosperity in MN...... 

I've always been puzzled by this argument.

Minnesota, and the other B1G schools, already received the BTN money (all of it) even before adding a B1G hockey conference.  Adding a B1G hockey conference added literally zero dollars to the B1G schools.  They didn't get BTN money because they formed a college hockey conference.  The B1G takes all of it's money from BTN, the bowls, etc..., pays its expenses, then divides up the money among the schools on an equal basis.  I think a couple of the more recent additions get a lesser share, at least for a few years, but all of the old members like Michigan and Minnesota already got full shares.

The formation of the B1G hockey conference certainly gave the BTN some "programming" to throw onto their schedule, although to be honest, there is very little in the way of college hockey on the BTN schedule.  You're much more likely to see a rerun of a football game condensed to sixty minutes than you are an actual college hockey game.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I'm enjoying a few minutes of the Great Lakes Invitational championship game featuring the two WCHA schools:  Michigan Tech vs Lake Superior St.  

As has happened in a lot of tournaments lately, the Big Ten schools played for the consolation. :lol:

I miss the old days of the GLI when they’d have 3 Michigan schools and invite a non-Michigan based school as the 4th participant. I remember a goalie named Josh Siembida flying in at the last minute and standing on his head to help UND win the GLI about 15 years ago. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I miss the old days of the GLI when they’d have 3 Michigan schools and invite a non-Michigan based school as the 4th participant. I remember a goalie named Josh Siembida flying in at the last minute and standing on his head to help UND win the GLI about 15 years ago. 

Saw his name in a Yale article and had to check to see its the same guy ... now an assistant coach there.  

Who'da thunk it?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I remember a goalie named Josh Siembida flying in at the last minute and standing on his head to help UND win the GLI about 15 years ago. 

....who was never really able to recapture that magic and transferred out of UND after the end of the next year.

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

....who was never really able to recapture that magic and transferred out of UND after the end of the next year.

“Why are you ruining the fantasy? We know the reality. Don’t mess with the fantasy, okay?”

61F1FF71-0154-44D3-AFAA-298C973D8D85.jpeg

8 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I like how they add another Michigan school each year.

18 hours ago, John W. said:

Yep ...74... And  proud to be a Viet Nam era vet....hopefully you can feel good about yourself some day....

There's a difference between being a Vietnam era vet and being a Vietnam vet.  Vietnam era vet just means you were in the service during that time period.  

21 hours ago, John W. said:

First off. - thanks for your service John. That was a difficult time for many and our nation. It had a profound effect on my brother that served in Vietnam.

Sscondly, I hope I will be able to  be as fiesty when or if I turn 74.

I certainly don’t agree with many of the things you post - especially about those of us that grew up in North Dakota. I am proud of my state. Born and raised here. Never left with no regrets.

carry on sir. I wish you the best and hope you are surrounded by those that mean a lot to you.

My resolution for '19.... Be 'kind and gentle' with  UND sports followers....All great folk and passionate about UND....(but you. 'Pucksters'  are so easy to 'punk'..) .......There....that's my last neggie statement....I do have season tickets for FB ,  and a booster....also attend several M/WBB games per year.....Had season hockey tickets for about 6 years...

Some of the personal attacks on me are actually quite clever...  I don't take them personal....my 'self concept' is strong...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Maine beat CC tonight 4-2.

Game was televised on Altitude. Story of CC’s season-games lost tend to be because of lapses in the second period. Similar to the Friday night game at ASU, CC dictated play and had several grade A scoring chances in the first period only to fall asleep in the second, coughing up the lead and giving up 3 goals. The third period was spent chasing and as the final period went along, CC shortened their bench and the players looked tired. CC somehow needs to learn how to play more consistently through the middle part of games.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

USA heading to the gold medal game.

Ohh my God that's John Madden from Michigan.....his kid is that old?  What....

Good win for them.  Russia looked tough all tourney.
I can't believe they waited until 45sec left to pull him.