SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 NCAA Tournament - Worst to First

MafiaMan

4. Michigan... Dont want the titles to increase

3. UMD... I keep thinking ....well NCHC... but... NO I cant all such Pionkashits.. and oh god both their fans...ciskie and drunkherpesguy... superdouches.

2. Ohio State... they played well. Physical. 

1. Notre Dame... not really B1G... loner oh well. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

4. UMD-I’m still bitter over Pionk and Tonninato....Ciskie too....God.....

3. Michigan-If anybody instead of UMD.  Love Mel Pearson though.

2. Ohio State-Would be their first.....university still won’t care.

1. Notre Dame-Always loved Irish football, would love to see Jeff Jackson win another.  I remember watching him win at lake state, always liked how hard his teams play.  

Flip Ohio State and Notre Dame.  Notre Dame is already getting good recruits, don’t need them to have a championship to help them get even more.  Don’t know if Ohio State will ever be a huge threat with lack of fan interest in the sport.

1 hour ago, bale31 said:

It's possible, but it's probably about a 1 in 64 chance that you would be able to put together a less likable group of schools.:D

This would be the worst Frozen Four I could think of-

Minnesota, Michigan, Denver, Boston College 

side note*- was debating between BC and Wisconsin 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KoolGuy2K said:

This would be the worst Frozen Four I could think of-

Minnesota, Michigan, Denver, Boston College 

side note*- was debating between BC and Wisconsin 

I will say, if UMD didn't go through Mankato, I probably would have been on the Bulldog bandwagon. I'm just bitter it's them and not us in that group. A freaking 2-0 lead 10 minutes in and we put it damn engine in neutral for the rest of the game. F!!!

17 hours ago, tnt said:

Flip Ohio State and Notre Dame.  Notre Dame is already getting good recruits, don’t need them to have a championship to help them get even more.  Don’t know if Ohio State will ever be a huge threat with lack of fan interest in the sport.

Unfortunately or fortunately Ohio State is here to stay. Their athletic Dept makes a huge profit and spends $109,000,000/yr on the programs. Their synchronized swimming team is in a new $20,000,000 facility.

They decided to have a winning hockey team a few years ago and bought one. Their roster used to be mostly Ohio kids, Michigan kids, and maybe 4 Canadians. This year they have 4 kids from Ohio. 

Their coach wanted a $75,000 treadmill for their hockey team and a booster paid for one immediately. 

There are 3 Big 10 teams in the Four if you count Notre Dame. The conference has bought in to hockey now. The good part is teams like Ohio State will bring college hockey more mainstream. But competing against that kind of money isn’t easy. 

Our biggest selling point to recruits is that we are a blue blood with the NHL pipeline, facilty, location near recruits, and fan base.  

I think our recruiting budget is under $500,000 so we need to make the most of it  

7 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Unfortunately or fortunately Ohio State is here to stay. Their athletic Dept makes a huge profit and spends $109,000,000/yr on the programs. Their synchronized swimming team is in a new $20,000,000 facility.

They decided to have a winning hockey team a few years ago and bought one. Their roster used to be mostly Ohio kids, Michigan kids, and maybe 4 Canadians. This year they have 4 kids from Ohio. 

Their coach wanted a $75,000 treadmill for their hockey team and a booster paid for one immediately. 

There are 3 Big 10 teams in the Four if you count Notre Dame. The conference has bought in to hockey now. The good part is teams like Ohio State will bring college hockey more mainstream. But competing against that kind of money isn’t easy. 

Our biggest selling point to recruits is that we are a blue blood with the NHL pipeline, facilty, location near recruits, and fan base.  

I think our recruiting budget is under $500,000 so we need to make the most of it  

A lot depends how badly the B1G wants to be great. I don't know anything about hockey and this year could very well be an outlier. Just seems like the B1G is rarely bad at anything. Big time schools who have egos. You put them in a conference together and it's easy to see how they might pick things up a notch.

Orrrr..... they can wallow in mediocrity most of the time haha I'm sure most of you would prefer that. 

54 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

A lot depends how badly the B1G wants to be great. I don't know anything about hockey and this year could very well be an outlier. Just seems like the B1G is rarely bad at anything. Big time schools who have egos. You put them in a conference together and it's easy to see how they might pick things up a notch.

Orrrr..... they can wallow in mediocrity most of the time haha I'm sure most of you would prefer that. 

I don't know anything about hockey...

- JohnboyND7. 

Thats your takeaway.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I don't know anything about hockey...

- JohnboyND7. 

Thats your takeaway.

Attack the individual when you have nothing to add.... soft.... kinda like UND with a 2 or 3 goal lead this season. 

4. Michigan - I will not forget the last visit

3, 2, 1 - doesn't matter.  I can't think of a reason to root for any of these 3 that isn't offset by a reason to root against them. 

I'm honestly not looking forward to all the "B1G is great!" BS that I'm sure to hear next week.  I won't keep me from attending Frozens, of course, but I just wish there was better representation from other conferences.  Of the teams in the tourney that I wanted to get there, Mankato, Air Force, and Northeastern probably topped my list.  Mankato for the location and WCHA appreciation, Air Force because I love a Cinderella, and Northeastern because I wanted to see in person how good Gaudette and the others were.

On 3/25/2018 at 9:53 PM, bale31 said:

This truly is the most awful group to choose from. If no one would win, many many people would be very happy.

It's really gross. It could be worse (Ie: Minny, BC, Wisco, etc.), but it's really gross.

4. UMD -- Grossssssssssssss ughhhhh whyyyyy are they heeeeeereeee???

3. Michigan -- Even if they do win, I still say we get to 11 before they do. I honestly believe that.

2. Ohio State -- I don't hate them yet. But, I should soon.

1. Notre Dame -- I'd actually find it really funny if they came in and won all the team trophies in the BiG in their first year. Feels like a slap in the face to the conference and that's great.

19 hours ago, Big Green said:

4-Michigan-

3-OSU-Whole THE thing is annoying

2-Notre Dame-Boring Hockey, but one of best teams all year.  They Deserve it.

1-UMD-NCHC team, only 1 title.

WHY WOULD YOU CHEER FOR A DIRECT AND PASSIONATE RIVAL?!?!?! I just cannot understand this. As a Yankee fan, this is like cheering for the Red Sox.  

20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

WHY WOULD YOU CHEER FOR A DIRECT AND PASSIONATE RIVAL?!?!?! I just cannot understand this. As a Yankee fan, this is like cheering for the Red Sox.  

I guess I don't see them as a passionate rival.  They are more like a little brother.  When competing head to head I want to beat them, but I hope they beat they beat everyone else.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I guess I don't see them as a passionate rival.  They are more like a little brother.  When competing head to head I want to beat them, but I hope they beat they beat everyone else.  

I felt this way until the past three seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I felt this way until the past three seasons. 

Same. Huge part of that starts at the top with Sandelin. From the diving/embellishing by Duluth players to the cheap crap they pull. By no means are UND players saints but just ask Bruce Ciskie or any Duluth fan, UMD players can't do no wrong! That third place consolation game at the Frozen Faceoff this year is a perfect example. Duluth fans whining about UND on everything but saying calls that went against them were bs. 

• Upvote 3