SiouxSports.com Forum

Downtown Grand Forks

Cratter

you would think that that little buidling behind the telephone building by olive ann would be a nice little place to open a little cafe or bar since your steps away from this hotel/convention center....

...........Parrot's Cay Downtown edition anyone???????????????????????????

On 5/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, geaux_sioux said:

The engineer that laid out that parking lot should be shot. Worst design I’ve ever experienced. Bottlenecks everywhere and a ridiculous slope to enter off a tight turn. Garbage.

Seriously, you might want to watch what you say on line unless you want the SWAT Team investigating you as the next possible mass shooter.

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Meh, you can post a full manifesto online and the FBI will shrug their shoulders.

The only care when you are voicing opposition at schools boards and city council meetings.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 3:42 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

I’m confused what floor are these multi room suites on?

There will be three VIP suites with two bedrooms each that will be in the new building on floors 3, 4 & 5. The one-bedroom suites are going to be in the old building(Edgewood Plaza) on the third floor. That floor will contain the fitness room as well as nine hotel rooms(5 king, 1 corner double queen, 2 one-bedroom double-queen suites, 1 one-bedroom king suite).

According to the plans on the city's website, the Olive Ann will remodel and take over the 1st, 3rd, & 4th floors of the Edgewood Plaza.

Edgewood Plaza will be renovated this way:

First floor - hotel lobby, hotel bar, catering kitchen, retail food(like a hotel convenience store maybe?) 

Second floor - Sky's Fine Dining(unchanged from current setup)

Third floor - hotel rooms and hotel fitness space

Fourth floor - hotel and tenant office space(maybe only a partial remodel of this floor)

Fifth floor - Cloud 9 Event Center(unchanged from current setup)

The new building will only have hotel rooms, the hotel laundry, and a room set up as a board room/small conference room.

43 minutes ago, Goon said:

Ate dinner at the Shire at the River City Cinema. Not too expensive and convenient. 

Interested and will try it too down the road.  Wife and I went to see Maverick on a rainy holiday - 2pm matinee totally sold out and they were running a new show every half hour.   Nice to see the theatre biz back!   Overhead some campers from the campground saying they were glad there was a theatre and restaurants nearby on a crappy camp day on a holiday weekend.  Well done EGF on that whole urban campground concept!   One of the most brilliant post-flood moves engineered by former mayor Lynn Stauss.   Haven't heard about him for years - anyone know his status?

7 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Interested and will try it too down the road.  Wife and I went to see Maverick on a rainy holiday - 2pm matinee totally sold out and they were running a new show every half hour.   Nice to see the theatre biz back!   Overhead some campers from the campground saying they were glad there was a theatre and restaurants nearby on a crappy camp day on a holiday weekend.  Well done EGF on that whole urban campground concept!   One of the most brilliant post-flood moves engineered by former mayor Lynn Stauss.   Haven't heard about him for years - anyone know his status?

Check the jail.

17 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

wonder if EGF or the state could come up some cash and put an invisible flood wall from the blue moose to 4th street by the fire station/library to "open up"the campground?  highly doubt it considering the cost but if you put up some more restaurants "facing" the state park on the north side of those parking lots all the way up to 4th street it might be worth it?

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

If I were camping there, I’d like the buffer that the dike provides.  Gives you the feeling of a camp ground more than lights, crowds and “noise” of a restaurant.  But that’s just me.

Agreed, If you haven't been in that campground you should go down there on bike path and check it out. You'd never know in a city. With hwy 2 raised up you really don't hear much traffic. Such a super idea and was able to take advantage of existing infrastructure like the old city streets. Not only are restaurants close, but the pool is right across the road. There are tent camping spots closer to the river and some hidden fishing spots. I thought at one point it was one of the busier state run campgrounds in Minnesota.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Agreed, If you haven't been in that campground you should go down there on bike path and check it out. You'd never know in a city. With hwy 2 raised up you really don't hear much traffic. Such a super idea and was able to take advantage of existing infrastructure like the old city streets. Not only are restaurants close, but the pool is right across the road. There are tent camping spots closer to the river and some hidden fishing spots. I thought at one point it was one of the busier state run campgrounds in Minnesota.

ive been to turtle river state park about a dozen times in the last two years...probably once in the previous ten years...i normally go out wed or thursdays in the afternoon and there is NO ONE out there..especailly the camping area in the norhtwest corner.....is the park much more active or busy on the weekends or did the state park in egf take away from with all the amenities around the one the egf?

13 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

As a runner and someone who does some biking, I’ve been through many times. Just have not camped there.  That State Park and the whole Greenway we’re both home run ideas in building back from the flood.

9 hours ago, dmksioux said:

As a runner and someone who does some biking, I’ve been through many times. Just have not camped there.  That State Park and the whole Greenway we’re both home run ideas in building back from the flood.

The land had no other viable usage. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The land had no other viable usage. 

Right, but they didn't need to put in the walking paths, maintain the greenspace, build a state park, add benches, etc.  Could have just "let it go" other than to maintain the dikes.  

11 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Could have just "let it go" other than to maintain the dikes.  

... as in enormous mosquito-breeding habitat? 

The only viable usage was park space: maintain it, get some use from it, keep it from becoming a monstrous 'squito-ridden eyesore. 

imo the city should close lincoln golf course and move the dog park and frolf up there (dog park could triple in size)....and then make the old lincoln drive park a GF version of the EGF state park with primitive floodable "huts" ringing the "higher loop" road wth RV parking /camping on the second loop road and primitive walk in tent camping on the river way down there....

the bike path that curves from around 13th and reeves would be about a five minute bike ride to downtown or a 15 minute walk....

On 5/31/2022 at 7:18 AM, Bison Dan said:

Check the jail.

Oh sorry you mistook this thread for the "BISON SOOOPERSTARS - WHERE ARE THAY NOW?" thread on BSville - honest mistake I'm sure.

PS - Just nabbed my Jerry Seinfeld tickets for the Fritz in September!!!   I hear Fargo media is all agog about ROB SCHNEIDER (rob schneider??) coming to "THE METRO" - way to go LOL!  Only big time for THE METRO