SiouxSports.com Forum

Downtown Grand Forks

Cratter

i like how city gov refers to federal money almost as free....i've been waiting for those light towers to finish up the streetscape in downtown gf...but...had no idea how damn expensive they were (per gf heraldo article that i can't find)...so the city canceled/postponed them because of the plandemic but are now revisiting ordering them...for a cost of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars thru Badman Studios?  wtf?

couldn't those "towers" be a high school project in shop?

how about grand forks welding?

• 7 months later...

Epic has equipment on site of the Old Townhouse hotel downtown.  They have a few renderings in their website.  Looks like there will be three, seven story buildings with a plaza in the middle.  Will be mixed residential and commercial.  There doesn’t appear to be a stage like in West Fargo at The Lights.  But with HB right across the street, Maybe that’s who they’d use if they decide to hold concerts there.  Link to the website:  https://epiccompaniesnd.com/properties/the-beacon/

On 4/7/2021 at 5:56 PM, dmksioux said:

Epic has equipment on site of the Old Townhouse hotel downtown.  They have a few renderings in their website.  Looks like there will be three, seven story buildings with a plaza in the middle.  Will be mixed residential and commercial.  There doesn’t appear to be a stage like in West Fargo at The Lights.  But with HB right across the street, Maybe that’s who they’d use if they decide to hold concerts there.  Link to the website:  https://epiccompaniesnd.com/properties/the-beacon/

If it's anything close to what West Fargo did it will be a home run.  

On 4/7/2021 at 5:56 PM, dmksioux said:

What is the HB?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/12/2021 at 10:55 AM, Goon said:

The Townhouse is no longer. I almost took a picture of it yesterday when I drove past it. I am kind of sad, no more beers in Muddy Rivers. 

Damn I just saw this. Stayed there every year for state high school tourney in the late 70’s. Some crazy stories from there 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 9:18 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is this why this building just can't open in time? this used to be a fully finished drive up lanes at the hugos downtown...freshly torn up for some reason

PXL_20210912_005411332.jpg

Had to be torn down and rebuilt because they made the lanes too narrow!  Nothing to do with Hugo’s not opening yet, in fact Alerus has been waiting for months for Hugo’s to open as Alerus cannot open it’s inside lobby until Hugo’s opens…and now this…oof!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ksixpack said:

Had to be torn down and rebuilt because they made the lanes too narrow!  Nothing to do with Hugo’s not opening yet, in fact Alerus has been waiting for months for Hugo’s to open as Alerus cannot open it’s inside lobby until Hugo’s opens…and now this…oof!

you only had one job......................................!