SiouxSports.com Forum

Downtown Grand Forks

Cratter

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anyone take in some live music on the Greenway last weekend? HB did a great job and Saturday was a really good time!

walked by when it started sprinkling around 7ish or so....lots of kids have fun...that zip line had a line of about 10 or so waiting to ride that...people were running i think a 5k on the path....awesome to see

too bad 3rd street wasnt open

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Anyone take in some live music on the Greenway last weekend? HB did a great job and Saturday was a really good time!

We took our 3 and 5 year old to see Koo Koo Kangaroo yesterday at noon. Good show and lots of kids there dancing and having fun. It looked like a pretty cool setup overall. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I went on all four days.  Agree that Saturday was a lot fun.  Huge crowd for Trampled By Turtles.  Really enjoyed Thursday and Sundays shows as well.  Did not make it to the earlier bands, just the headliners.  Soul Asylum was pretty decent also.  HB has done a great job growing the event.  September weather is always tricky.  Wish they would do it a couple weeks earlier, but this year the weather was fantastic.  Looking to what they have in store for next year.  

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

I went on all four days.  Agree that Saturday was a lot fun.  Huge crowd for Trampled By Turtles.  Really enjoyed Thursday and Sundays shows as well.  Did not make it to the earlier bands, just the headliners.  Soul Asylum was pretty decent also.  HB has done a great job growing the event.  September weather is always tricky.  Wish they would do it a couple weeks earlier, but this year the weather was fantastic.  Looking to what they have in store for next year.  

Its just such a fine line between lake weather and plow the snow off weather.....

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ksixpack said:

Why is there a multi tier chocolate cake in that pedestal? Are they all going to be cake sculptures?

i think there will be a tapering top of some sort added still with blue lights exiting from the top to mimick the blue lights from arund the bottom of the concrete circles.....

12 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

four of the light towers are lit up....for the money....very uninspiring.

thinking for a 1/4 of the money and  a pack of heaters darrell at ornamental iron could've pounded out something more impressive (and durable...if the inside is glass like it looks and feels.....)

Something something badman new Tesla something something amirite?

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Figured I’d be the third person to make the joke

just walked by them at night...little more impressive at street level instead of in a car buzzing by...except the one in front of corporate center 2..pigeonholed into a spot between a large elctrical box, light post and some other crap....