SiouxSports.com Forum

Downtown Grand Forks

Cratter

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yep...thought you meant a different hotel than the townhouse...the beacon is built where the townhouse used to be...

From a building with a bunch of rooms where people sleep to a building with a bunch of rooms where people sleep.
I'll take a leap and guess there's city infrastructure (street/water/sewer) to support it. 

I guess GF is keeping with the governors ask to build up and not out because of the cost of infrastructure

seems like there is a lot of room to expand around the alerus , don’t know what they will do with that farmstead that is directly south of the Alerus 

10 minutes ago, Kab said:

I guess GF is keeping with the governors ask to build up and not out because of the cost of infrastructure

seems like there is a lot of room to expand around the alerus , don’t know what they will do with that farmstead that is directly south of the Alerus 

something is going on south of the new condos/apartments on 42nd south the AL

15 minutes ago, Kab said:

The proposed indoor turf/courts facility will be built to the south of the alerus centers parking lot 

18 hours ago, Kab said:

Saving room for the next beautiful church.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yep...you would think that downtown would be a nobrainer.

Golf cart parade on the Greenway and Pontoons on the Red.

Watch the 'works from Blue Moose and Boardwalk decks.

More ways to Make GF Fun Again!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Golf cart parade on the Greenway and pontoons on the Red.

Watch the 'works from Blue Moose and Boardwalk decks.

More ways to Make GF Fun Again!

it's like our "waterway" doesn't even exist!  bemidji is always pulling people downtown and doing stuff on their lake....

been meaning to say Grand Forks should informally call itself the "Port of Grand Forks"...in homage to our riverboat days and whatnot...something a little fun and different...put it on our water towers and stuff...and then on my bike ride last night i see this...

659970908.jpeg

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

... Grand Forks should informally call itself the "Port of Grand Forks"...in homage to our riverboat days and whatnot...something a little fun and different...put it on our water towers and stuff...

Many of your ideas are more batter than cake when they come out of the "oven".

I must admit, this is a solid, marketable idea. 

Send it to Bo. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Many of your ideas are more batter than cake when they come out of the "oven".

I must admit, this is a solid, marketable idea. 

Send it to Bo. :) 

99.9% of my ideas are gold. i even solved the Social Security and Medicare crisis...i'll send you the link so you can check it out.  It's pure gold.

I bet a lot of people would love to rent a boat/pontoon from there.

If you ever been to Itasca State Park. They have a similar rental shop that is always busy.

The proposed $300+ million gf sales tax, they should take some and build a real building and rent stuff year round. 

I see some empty malls are being converted to pickle ball courts

would be good for the winter months in grand forks 

why does the Minot mall get expanded and GF is mostly empty 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

I see some empty malls are being converted to pickle ball courts

would be good for the winter months in grand forks 

why does the Minot mall get expanded and GF is mostly empty 

Really a bummer the ATF or whoever shut down the plan for the school to move there.