SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That’s how UND is going to score points and win games next year. Spread it around and let the boys make plays. Definite improvement over the system Rudolph ran. 

We'll see what we end up looking like. It won’t be a pure spread though, thankfully. I’m thinking something like what the Kansas City Chiefs do.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We'll see what we end up looking like. It won’t be a pure spread though, thankfully.

I just want enough points to win games. Pure spread or not, it’ll likely be an improvement over Rudolph’s archaic !@#$. 

Expect some spread tempo with all the associated concepts. 

21 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Great in home visit with @coachstepps @BubbaSchweigert @CoachReinholz loved having you guys safe trip back to Grand Forks!

Any idea what Fort's tie to the area is - from Virginia but has offers from us, NDSU, SDSU, UNI, etc.?

Looks like he used to live in Iowa. 

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

This kid sure seems to have the right work ethic and attitude that you love to have!  Also if he plays LB and has 4.46 will certainly help us cover sideline to sideline better!

We will see about that 4.46. Any 40 times from hs should be taken with a mountain of salt.

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Yes, I believe you are allowed 3 visits. I do remember transportation because airfare is included!!

• I wasn't aware that unlimited visits are allowed in DII and III - surprising!  Here are all the details:
  •  
  • The NCAA allows a recruit to make only five visits to Division I schools. Official visits to DII and DIII schools are unlimited.
  • The school can pay for the following for you and your parents/guardians: transportation to and from the campus, lodging throughout your visit, three meals per day and three tickets to a home sports event.
  • At all levels, recruits can take only one official visit per school.
  • Each official visit may be up to 48 hours long, or the span of one weekend.
  • For D1 football, athletes are allowed to take official visits April 1 of junior year through the Sunday before the last Wednesday in June. Official visits are allowed again starting opening day of classes senior year.
  • For D1 men's basketball, recruits can begin taking official visits starting January 1 of their junior year of high school. Women's basketball recruits may begin taking official visits April of their junior year of high school, beginning the Thursday following the Women's Final Four tournament.
  • Due to a rule update by the NCAA, effective April 25, 2018, official visits for all other DI sports can begin September 1 of the athlete's junior year of high school. For almost all sports, this bumps up the official visit date.
  • At the DII level, athletes have an unlimited number of official visits that they can take, starting June 15 going into junior year of high school. For DIII schools, official visits begin January 1 of junior year, and they are unlimited.
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Heard this morning we are close to getting FBS drop down/transfer running back and should be here next semester.  No idea who or from what school 

Minnesota will likely have a couple and I could see both guys moving down to FCS. Johnathan Femi-Cole already walked on SR day and would be a grad transfer. He has 14 rushes for 65 yards in his career did have a heck of a spring game a year ago though. The other likely possibility would be Dominik London who will be a Sophomore next season. He hasn't announced he is transferring but Minnesota will have some after the bowl game and he hasn't played in his first couple of seasons and doesn't really have a path to getting on the field at Minnesota. I also see on his Twitter that he and Danny Freund and Malcolm Agnew have started following each other recently.