SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

So this flip came in before Danny interviewed and was hired right?  Was just curious what impact if any Danny had on this.  Or maybe the kid just saw that we let Rudy go and assumed we'd be getting a better OC.  Would be curious to know what the key factors in him flipping were.  

Skokna was in town visiting the weekend of the Portland State game, so the wheels were in motion before that.  But not sure one what ultimately led to the decision to flip.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He any good?

Originally committed to walk on at Wisconsin.  Had offers fro South Dakota and UNI.  From the same area in Wisconsin as Freund. Is he coming here?  I have no idea.

edit:  anyone with Twitter see if Freund is following him or vice versa?

17 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

stats https://osubeavers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6547

2018 62% completion percentage averaging 7.3 yards per pass. 7 td 2 int

Ketteringham completed 54% of his passes and averaged 6.3 yards per pass

Not sure I wouldn’t put Kett as third string for next year.

Also, doesn’t OSU run a spread offense with tons of short passes that inflate comp %?

40 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not sure I wouldn’t put Kett as third string for next year.

Also, doesn’t OSU run a spread offense with tons of short passes that inflate comp %?

Kind of like Montana last year?  Not sure.  This counts yards after catch, but he was 78 out of 116 in FBS with 11.76 yards per completion.  Ketteringham  had 11.54 yards per completion, which ranked 66 out of 97 in FCS.  Not sure if anything can be interpreted by these stats or not.  I would think that if they were throwing tons of quick passes all game, the yards per completion would be on the lower end.   Also couldn't find the other QB at Oregon State for some reason https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div 

I was curious, so I looked it up - Gresch Jenson at Montana averaged 14.3 yards per completion last year, which was 14th in FCS.