SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

For possibly something else to talk about.  We have lost a couple recruits on/around signing day and you never know what role the coaching situation will play with recruits.  Who are your Top 5 recruits that you definitely hope sign on signing day? 

Link to SS list: 2019 commits

1. Cedric Case QB - probably on everyone's list

2. Chrysten Cochran WR - Speed we need

3. Billy Riviere TE - highly rated, need to replace Fiedler and Cloyd gonna be a SR

4. Elijah Beach DE - always need DL, like his size

5. Josh Navratil LB - good athlete with RB background

17 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

For possibly something else to talk about.  We have lost a couple recruits on/around signing day and you never know what role the coaching situation will play with recruits.  Who are your Top 5 recruits that you definitely hope sign on signing day? 

Link to SS list: 2019 commits

1. Cedric Case QB - probably on everyone's list

2. Chrysten Cochran WR - Speed we need

3. Billy Riviere TE - highly rated, need to replace Fiedler and Cloyd gonna be a SR

4. Elijah Beach DE - always need DL, like his size

5. Josh Navratil LB - good athlete with RB background

Does anyone know what areas Rudy and Knauf recruited? Just worried if they recruited some of these guys should we be worried?

On November 17, 2018 at 10:46 AM, SiouxFan100 said:

Hopefully he doesn’t do too good.

He didn't do well at all. Threw off wrong foot into traffic multiple times.   Picked 4 times.  Looked very average. He is still  a very good athlete that I think can play and if not QB at another position but anyone watching him today wouldn't be impressed.  Too bad for him.  The Suggs kid is an outstanding athlete. Announcers said he visited Alabama and Notre Dame but is an NBA talent in BB.  Fun kid to watch. 

16 hours ago, iramurphy said:

He didn't do well at all. Threw off wrong foot into traffic multiple times.   Picked 4 times.  Looked very average. He is still  a very good athlete that I think can play and if not QB at another position but anyone watching him today wouldn't be impressed.  Too bad for him.  The Suggs kid is an outstanding athlete. Announcers said he visited Alabama and Notre Dame but is an NBA talent in BB.  Fun kid to watch. 

I watched most of the game. He definitely wasn’t playing his game. Tried to do too much. Physically he reminds me of Wentz his senior year of high school. Lots of room to fill out on his frame. He did make some good throws but that second half was dreadful. A D2 school I think will be lucky to get him. 

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

That's a good recruit.  The who else offered crowd should be elated.

The who else offered crowd has a fair point. Not every player with only 1 offer is simply “under the radar”.

I’m always happy to see a well recognized and recruited player commit to UND, as should everyone else who cheers for UND football.

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2018 at 9:41 AM, UNDBIZ said:

Skokna, a 5'9" 175# RB, had offers from Brown, Stetson, USD, SDSU, EKU, EIU, & WIU.

So this flip came in before Danny interviewed and was hired right?  Was just curious what impact if any Danny had on this.  Or maybe the kid just saw that we let Rudy go and assumed we'd be getting a better OC.  Would be curious to know what the key factors in him flipping were.  

I think Danny being named the OC will give us a better chance to hold on to Cedric Case.  Danny can call him and tell him more about what the offense will look like in the future, not what we've been doing.  Heck after watching the last four games, I honestly didn't even want to watch our offense anymore.....much less play for it and dedicate my whole college career to it.  Plus I think Danny was a shorter QB than the Prototype QB, and I believe Case isn't real tall either.....so Danny may be able to relate well to him on that also, and also give him confidence that he can be successful even though he's not 6'3 +. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I think Danny being named the OC will give us a better chance to hold on to Cedric Case.  Danny can call him and tell him more about what the offense will look like in the future, not what we've been doing.  Heck after watching the last four games, I honestly didn't even want to watch our offense anymore.....much less play for it and dedicate my whole college career to it.  Plus I think Danny was a shorter QB than the Prototype QB, and I believe Case isn't real tall either.....so Danny may be able to relate well to him on that also, and also give him confidence that he can be successful even though he's not 6'3 +. 

Height issue is more of an NFL thing. There are countless examples of 5’10” to 6’0” All-American QBs in college football - just need the right system. 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

So this flip came in before Danny interviewed and was hired right?  Was just curious what impact if any Danny had on this.  Or maybe the kid just saw that we let Rudy go and assumed we'd be getting a better OC.  Would be curious to know what the key factors in him flipping were.  

Who knows how everything went down behind closed doors but the timing is curious. Danny very well could have called him up on saturday and told him the job was in the bag and the interview was a formaility.